Manager - Ad Sales Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Join Discovery’s Ad Sales Marketing team whose mission is to build a best in class cross-platform marketing organization that is revered by our clients and sales for our ability to connect ideas, innovation and insights to achieve our client’s goals and maximize revenue. The Ad Sales Marketing team is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of cross-platform marketing programs created for National Advertisers across HGTV, Investigation Discovery (ID), Animal Planet and DIY. This role will also have an opportunity to work on key initiatives across Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network.
This is a team of doers that empowers one another, approaches projects with optimism and purpose and challenges the status quo. We are seeking strategic visionaries, thinkers, and TV/digital lovers who want to be a part of crafting the future of television and entertainment.
1. Collaborate with sales teams and internal stakeholders to develop multiplatform RFP responses in a timely and efficient manner.
2. Lead all internal planning and brainstorming discussions in response to RFPs
3. Compose concise, accurate and creative decks in response to RFPs
4. Activate and manage sponsorship programs across all platforms
5. Manage production budgets for costs related to your project work
6. Work effectively with team members throughout the network portfolio; leverage relationships across the company to accomplish goals
7. Create compelling and unique sponsorship and content marketing offerings aligned with network and digital priorities
8. Prioritize and manage multiple projects at any one time and with minimal direction
9. Work with internal stakeholders to create and manage production timelines
10. Manage client and media agency partners through activation phase
11. Develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with clients and their agencies, as well as with all key DCI divisions (Ad Sales, Network Programming, Production and Marketing).
12. Represent Discovery Ad Sales in external meetings with high-level clients
13. Accountable for the performance and results of a team or project team
14. Recruit and mentor coordinator and specialist level positions.
* Collaborative team player with strong stakeholder management skills
* Demonstrated self-starter with leadership and project management skills, but the self-awareness necessary to understand when/where to ask for help and guidance
* Proven ability to think creatively and strategically while navigating difficult and complex issues in a large, highly matrixed, dynamic corporate setting.
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills (able to create and deliver presentations to senior management)
* Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously in a changing environment
* Requires the ability to influence others to accept practices, approaches and recommendations
* Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail
* A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of skills, training and/or experience required.
* 5 years of integrated marketing experience (such as advertising agency, media sales/marketing, client side marketing). Experience in TV/Cable and/or ad sales marketing or ad sales a plus.
* On-site experience managing branded entertainment or commercial shoots
* Experience working in digital/social marketing, including creating, packaging and executing multi-platform marketing campaigns.
* Prior management experience as the role provides leadership to project teams or 3rd party partners.
* Experience processing and responding to client RFPs.
* Candidate must possess maturity, professionalism and poise under pressure, and have proven experience interacting with top-level, business executives, as the position requires direct contact with senior Ad Sales management, key clients and talent, and is a brand representative in the marketplace.
* Travel throughout the year to attend shoots, client meetings and other necessary ad sales events
* Must have legal right to work in the US
New York City, New York, NYC, NY