Manager, Acquisition Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Acquisition Marketing Manager, you will play a key role in the evolution and success of the Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team to launch a new subscription-based streaming & interactive experience from the ground up.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Growth Marketing, you will manage all strategic and tactical marketing functions including: Go-To Market strategy, acquisition channels and optimization. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of how to leverage a wide array of digital and offline marketing channels to develop strategic campaigns to acquire new customers.
• A proven direct response marketer with the ability to develop and execute successful acquisition strategies within a digital subscription environment
• A customer first, creative thinker who isn’t afraid of working with data to enhance campaigns and overall strategies
• A self-starter who can identify new opportunities or testing strategies across multiple channels
• An eagerness to learn and follow industry trends to drive innovation and key results
1. Manage the execution of all aspects of performance marketing campaigns to drive product trial and subscriptions across our SVOD platforms. This includes project managing assets to be created, deadlines to meet, and ensure teams are aligned and projects are moving forward.
2. Collaborate with internal media & strategy team to develop campaigns that leverage both the Discovery portfolio and external digital paid media to acquire new subscribers within acceptable CPA target based on customer lifetime value models.
3. Manage both internal and external creative resources to support campaign asset development
4. Assist in development of strategies to optimization conversion landing pages (funnel) working closely with product stakeholders
5. Monitor, optimize, and report on performance of campaigns on an ongoing basis, working with internal departments and external agencies to pivot as necessary to drive greatest result
6. Lead A/B and multivariate testing to continuously drive improvement in campaign performance and landing page conversion.
7. Work closely analytics team to analyze campaign ROI, insights and key performance indicator
8. Operationalize marketing calendars to manage multi-channel campaigns
9. Continuously identify and evaluate key digital marketplace and OTT trends to inform marketing strategies.
* 5 years' experience in digital marketing position
* Prior experience in audience development, direct response digital marketing, entertainment/media/television marketing, or building a digital subscriber base preferred
* Proven project management and strategic marketing skills including budget management and media planning.
* A keen analytic leaning but also possesses a creative flare.
* Ability to multi-task while prioritizing workloads.
* Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
* Meticulous attention to detail & strong organization skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York, New York City, NY, NYC
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Investigation Discovery, OWN and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.