Live Production Team Lead
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
The On-Air Production Services Team:
A 360-technology skilled organisation servicing Discovery and Eurosport by ensuring alignment of MCR, Transmission, Production and Live event management services as well as staffing and technical resourcing for all clients
This key role in Network Origination Services, is responsible, with support from the Senior Supervisor, for planning and overseeing the execution of live productions as well as coaching, supporting and supervising both full-time and freelance On-Air Producers.
The role will manage the day to day running of the productions, ensuring seamless delivery from the initial booking through information gathering to on-air. They will champion workflows, maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures and call sheets, and ensure training of existing and new team-members on live production management and execution.
The On-Air Production team is highly agile and multi-skilled, and the right candidate will bridge together the different functions within the team, ensuring collaboration and information-sharing as well as continued flexibility in moving forward with business requirements.
The On-Air Production Team is a central point of contact with clients in the Nordic markets and the Paris office. The Live Production Team Lead will bring together stakeholders across the Nordic markets to collaborate, troubleshoot issues and ideate on workflows. They will participate and increasingly lead meetings with clients, ensuring their requirements are captured and expectations met. They will spearhead collaboration also amongst their own wider department of Network Origination Services, as well as other GT&O stakeholders such as LTH Operations and LTH Production
Please note that this position will be offered as a 12 month fixed term contract or internal secondment opportunity
• Oversee the smooth day to day running of some 5000 hours of live broadcasts and productions per year
• Planning, and setting up of live productions, ensuring resources and editorial aspirations are aligned.
• Responsible for scheduling and coordinating the production(s) process through to delivery in line with divisional requirements.
• Responsible for identifying and sourcing producers and appropriate resources at the earliest possible stage.
• Identifies training and development needs of team members and ensures performance management arrangements are in place.
• Maintains a safe and healthy working environment at all times, escalating any issues or areas of concern.
• Liaise with Bookings, Commentary Coordination, Scheduling, MCR, LTH Facilities and clients across markets, and ensure information required is passed on via the resource scheduling system, call sheets and via in person briefings
• Promote continuous information flow across the team through written and in-person communication
• Oversee writing and maintaining the Standard Operating Procedures, and initiate and manage conversations with wider teams on improving workflows
• Follow up and address on-air issues and make recommendations on workflows concerning the On-Air Production Team
• Establish regular communication with the regional business, sports verticals and across GT&O departments with a focus on service, supporting their needs and requirements.
• Provide support on Senior Supervisor’s absence, ensuring that clients in territory have expectations met and that workflows are maintained
• Deputising for the Senior Supervisor in certain meetings
• Take on additional project work as and when needed to support the wider business
• Experience working in a live broadcast environment
• Understanding of sport television business
• Capable of decision making, forward thinking and maintaining high performance while working under pressure
• Self-starter, highly motivated with leadership skills
• Excellent people and interpersonal skills, good team player
• Proactive trouble-shooter and a problem solver
• Great organisation skills with outstanding attention to details
• Good insight and understanding of the End-to-End Broadcast chain.
• Live sports is not a 9 to 5 environment, a flexible approach to working hours is important
• Passionate about sport is a plus