Legal Group Admin Assistant
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 1/22/2021 8:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Legal Group Admin Assistant jobs in Knoxville-TN
Search all Legal Group Admin Assistant postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Legal Group Admin Assistant? Overview
The Business & Legal Affairs department is responsible for all business and legal matters related to the production, acquisition and pre-broadcast review of all content used worldwide by Discovery's television networks. More specifically, this group negotiates and drafts acquisition, commission, co-production and talent agreements; reviews scripts and rough cuts of programs prior to broadcast in order to minimize legal exposure; analyses media rights associated with all programming agreements; and provides advice and counsel on a wide array of production-related, legal issues such as guild, insurance, and rights clearances.
The Group Legal Administrative Assistant position will be based in on our Knoxville, TN office and will provide administrative support to business and legal affairs attorneys, primarily for HGTV and Food Network, in a high volume, fast-paced in-house Business & Legal Affairs environment.
• Provide legal administrative support to attorneys handling contract drafting, transactional, production, and other entertainment business and legal matters
• Generate contracts from standard forms and track contracts at various stages of production/execution
• Administer contracts and oversee process of contract execution
• Proofread, edit, compare and redline documents and effectively navigate and operate within various computer databases relating to areas of responsibility
• Handle inquiries from internal and external contacts and draft related correspondence
• Enter and maintain information related to deal status and deal information in a variety of company databases and systems.
• Provide general office support (e.g., maintain and organize files, fax, photocopy, schedule routine and ad hoc meetings, maintain supervisors' calendars, order supplies, arrange travel itineraries, prepare expense reports)
• Interact with Discovery business units, including senior and executive Discovery personnel, as well as external business contacts and other third parties
• Collaborate with department managerial and administrative staff in the development of processes and procedures to increase department productivity
• Work with and maintain confidential information
• Perform other related administrative tasks as requested by supervisor(s)
• Preferred candidate will have a minimum of 5 years legal administrative experience at a law firm, a corporate in-house legal department, or in the business and legal affairs department of a television production or broadcast company.
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude, strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively and cooperatively with internal and external contacts
• Display a great deal of initiative and the ability to work well under pressure and independently, in a deadline-driven, detail-oriented environment while maintaining high standards of accuracy, composure and professionalism at all times
• Must have the ability to work with and maintain confidential information
• Flexibility in accepting new and changing responsibilities, as well as strong personal initiative and resourcefulness; taking ownership of and accountability of responsibilities
• Strong analytical skills
• Must have very strong computer skills, including a mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word processing tools), Google Suite tools, and ability to navigate in web-based database environments
• Ability to identify, prioritize, and manage important administrative issues, multi-task and effectively prioritize work assignments in addition to handling changing priorities
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience a plus
• Must have the legal right to work in the US This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.