Legal Counsel - Digital
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 5/31/2021 3:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Legal Counsel - Digital jobs in London-UK
Search all Legal Counsel - Digital postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Legal Counsel - Digital? Overview
Based in London (with travel on an as needed basis), this position will form part of the Digital Legal team. The role reports into Senior Director, Legal, Digital. The Digital Legal team (with lawyers based in the US and the UK) has an international remit and provides comprehensive and proactive legal support to Discovery’s global digital businesses including its latest D2C business, discovery . Digital is a core growth area and a key priority for Discovery as it continues to expand its portfolio of direct to consumer SVOD, AVOD and digital content services, making it a dynamic and exciting environment to work in.
This position also offers flexible working.
Marketing and Consumer Law
• Work closely with key stakeholders in the digital businesses on the global roll out of new digital product launches.
• Advising on a wide range of consumer, regulatory and marketing law issues and liaising with the global compliance teams to ensure product compliance across all markets.
• Provide support across the consumer lifecycle/experience, including advising on subscription models and pricing, promotions, customer support and complaints.
Commercial and Technology Agreements
• Draft, negotiate and advise on a range of product and technology agreements with vendors including platform providers, app developers, SaaS providers, payment processors and providers of analytics
• Negotiate digital distribution agreements with key affiliate partners, including content distribution agreements with OTT platform providers.
• Draft, negotiate and advise on a wide range of commercial agreements, including (without limitation) promotional partnerships, variation agreements, NDAs, novation agreements and commercial notices.
• Draft, negotiate and advise on a variety of key commercial agreements including marketing, media buying, ad-sales/reseller agreements sponsorship, advertising, e-commerce and consultancy services – each across multiple jurisdictions.
• Draft, negotiate and advise on Ad Tech agreements including SSP, DSP and DMP agreements.
• Create and update relevant policies and template agreements.
• Work closely with the regional legal teams globally to navigate legal restrictions, improve efficiencies, and implement best practices.
• Liaise with the Finance, Tax, Data Protection, Information Security, Procurement, Risk Management, Ethics and Compliance and Employment teams as appropriate
• Technically very proficient lawyer – needs to have excellent understanding of contract law principles and excellent drafting skills. Knowledge of consumer law issues preferred.
• Must be UK qualified lawyer (or common law equivalent) with approximately 3-5 years post qualification experience (PQE is given as a guide only, this will not be a determining factor of suitability and applicants of other levels of PQE may apply) and excellent academics. Training and experience at top City law firm an advantage.
• Good commercial knowledge and an ability to ‘think outside the box’ is essential – recognising the potential impact deals have on other areas of Discovery’s business or revenue streams, involving relevant stakeholders as appropriate.
• Experience working in a digital media, technology and/or broadcast media company would be a key advantage.
• Negotiation skills must be proven – to deliver both proper legal protection to company and excellent commercial results.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively within a globally distributed team and fast-paced business environment. Previous experience working with global stakeholders would be an advantage.
• Clear and concise communicator (both orally and written) – ability to present and distil legally complex issues into legally compliant but practical and commercial solutions, in a way that engages key stakeholders.
• Well organized and excellent attention to detail: this role requires focus and energy to ensure that nothing falls between cracks.
• Extremely professional: calm under pressure, clear thinking, well organized, proactive and grasps concepts quickly.
• Will be a key provider of day to day support to the Digital Legal team so must be a good team player, and have a flexible, hands on attitude with strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
• Emotionally intelligent outlook
• Inclusive behaviour – ensuring that all key stakeholders are consistently kept in loop.
• Ability to manage own time judiciously and deal effectively with competing interests.
• Ability to multi-task in a manner that moves multiple high-priority projects forward simultaneously.
• Demonstrated ability to think and make decisions quickly, and to communicate legal issues and solutions clearly and concisely.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including a clear and concise drafting style.
• A role with great responsibilities - ensuring that the interests of Discovery’s digital businesses are looked after in a fast-paced environment.
• Responsible for identifying issues and making recommendations and creating solutions that potentially have long term implications.
• Requires good business and legal judgment and a flexible and creative approach. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.