Learning & Development Sr Program Mgr
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
In the context of industry and organizational transformation, the L&D team help leaders and their teams create the mindset and skillsets to venture into the unknown in the pursuit of maximizing their performance and potential. We facilitate organization culture development, knowledge sharing, coaching and feedback across the organization.
The L&D Director, NYC role is critical to our success. This is a global Centre of Excellence role and they will oversee L&D for global capabilities (Digital, Comms, Marketing, Sales, Corporate Functions). As a key member of the global L&D leadership team they will have a significant influence and impact on the overall direction of L&D and best practices. They will be the key interface for senior leaders, helping them build core capabilities globally.
1. Agenda and Plans
Conduct needs analysis, establish priorities and allocate budgets. Identify the core capabilities to develop, communities and scope. Define which should be globally developed and which locally. Ongoing stakeholder engagement, management and alignment.
2. Program Development & Delivery
Define the learning roadmap for developing core capabilities and associated programs. This will include the Ad Sales Academy and other Academies TBD. Define what is global and what needs to be tailored to local needs. These programs and academies will have a blended learning approach. Leverage technology and digital learning to maximize impact globally, create efficiencies and re-purpose content.
3. Expert Communities
Identify and leverage expertise within our organization. Create learning and sharing communities and support those that already exist. Identify external experts across the globe and find the best way to impart their knowledge through these communities.
We’re looking for an L&D all-rounder, which means you will need significant experience across a range of L&D areas including:
* Stakeholder management, alignment and engagement
* Creating L&D strategies and plans
* Identifying and collaboration with the best external experts
* Brining innovation into the L&D team – experimenting and adapting
* Creating and facilitating learning communities
* Development and implementation of L&D programs and initiatives
* Online engagement and learning
* Commercial leadership & expertise development
* Experience working in a global role
* Experience of having developed global academies, particularly in the area of sales and/or digital at a global scale.
* Agile, adaptable and flexible – very open and responsive to change
* Passion for learning and developing people
* First class relationship building skills
* Strong commercial and business acumen
* Influencing senior stakeholders
* Roll your sleeves up attitude – get the job done
* Proactive, strong work ethic
* Energizes others with ideas, enthusiasm and personal commitment
New York City, New York, NYC, NY