Junior Digital Broadcast Analyst - Live Events
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. Discovery is a global fast-paced entertainment and media company, which continues to grow around the world, as well as across emerging platforms.
The Global Technology & Operations team is building a new hybrid role, which combines Linear Broadcast with Digital OTT, supporting technology that is critical for delivering Warner Bros. Discovery’s growing pay-tv, digital terrestrial, free-to-air, and OTT services, to reach wider audiences across more platforms.
The Technology Operations Center (TOC) department consists of several teams that work together with a one-team approach, as well as three locations (USA, UK, PL). We are the first point of contact, as well as owners of Major IT Incident Incidents. This means Analysts within TOC teams are also responsible for initiating the Major IT Incident process and procedures, to support our Platform Infrastructure. TOC Teams: 1st Line Network/Platforms, 2nd Line (Network/Platforms/Cloud/Domain Mgmt), Digital Platform Support Operations, Distribution Operations.
Do you have a passion for sports? Do you want to learn more about Digital OTT?
At Warner Bros. Discovery, you will be reporting to a Duty Operations Manager. You will be part of a team, as a Junior Digital Analyst - Live Events, supporting an extensive suite of Live, VOD, OTT/Digital Playout via client applications.
The position is a shift based role, requiring some flexibility with working hours. You will be working as part of a unified team, which consists of members from multiple disciplines (Platforms, Networks, Distribution & Digital Operations), to form a dynamic technology-focused team, capable of monitoring all linear and non-linear output, as well as supporting IT infrastructure.
You will be expected to use your operational analytics and incident management skills to provide support for all issue areas, working with support teams/engineers for a swift resolution to any technical issues. You will also be expected to support and educate your team members about new processes, while independently keeping your technical know-how up to date.
• Provide eyes on glass monitoring support during live events, aired on Discovery’s DTC propositions.
• Conduct Pre/During/Post Live checks on assets.
• Provide triage support by interrogating systems.
• Escalate incidents internally within the team for further support.
• Issue communications to business users in the event of an incident.
• Provide daily incident status reporting to business users.
• Update department support documentation promptly to reflect all changes (Knowledgebase, run books, etc..).
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel or similar computer software systems.
• Education – Preferred Bachelor's degree in Digital Media, Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Preferred – Multilingual, ideally some understanding of European languages.
• Desirable: Some previous experience in digital media/broadcast