IT Security Architect
Discovery CommunicationsSterling, VA
Full Time Job
The Discovery IT Security Architect, reporting to the Sr. Director, Information Security Operations, having direct responsibility for designing global secure solutions for Discovery. Ensuring systems are designed in a manner that meets any regulatory requirements as well as Discovery security policies. The IT Security Architect is responsible for ensuring that the following activities are conducted, coordinated and applied consistently throughout the SDLC.
1. Perform information security assessments, prepare information systems security action plans, evaluate information security products, and perform other activities necessary to ensure a secure environment.
2. Implement the requirement of DCI and other information systems security policies, standards, baselines, guidelines, and procedures.
3. Reviewing current system security measures and recommend and implement enhancements.
4. Conducting regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of network security is appropriate for current world threats.
5. Ensuring all personnel have access to the IT system limited by need and role.
6. Document detailed technical requirements and security baselines for technologies.
7. Authorize and review the results of major projects dealing with computer and network security.
8. Provide consultation to business lines on information security architecture.
9. Conduct after action reviews into any alleged computer or network security compromises, incidents, or problems and provide mitigating controls.
10. Review the status of the computer and network security.
11. Monitor changes in the security landscape and coordinate appropriate responses.
12. Actively monitor systems for indications of security compromise.
13. Build security requirements for security projects
14. Design and architect secure security solutions with deliverables that reflect the design and can be referenced for future reference.
15. Strong foundational knowledge in multiple information security domains such as access control, network security, operations security, application security, cryptography, computer forensics, security architecture and design, mobile device security, cloud security best practices
* One or more of the following certifications required:
o SSCP, CCSP, CISSP-ISSEP, CISSP ISSAP, GCED, GCCC
* performance and reliability
* Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorisation and security
* Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions
* Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies
* Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook
* Minimum of 7 years of security and/or IT experience required
* Able to provide computer forensic support to investigations in the form of evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis, and data recovery
* Experience knowledge of TCP/IP, networking design, and routing architectures
* Experience knowledge of network security systems and protocols, including firewalls, Radius and TACACS , IPSEC and IKE, SSH, etc.
* Ability to maintain proficiency in vulnerability and threat management best practices
* Ability to develop and implement security procedures and control
* Bachelors degree required masters preferred 10 years equivalent experience without a degree
* Extensive knowledge of NIST framework, CSC framework, CSF framework, ITIL, COBIT, PCI, HIPAA, SOX and ISO 2700x. Experience deploying, managing or developing processes in one of these frameworks is preferred.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Sterling, Virginia, VA