Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for an Internal Auditor in Knoxville, TN to join our Internal Audit team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The Auditor’s primary role is to perform audits of key processes and activities. This includes evaluating the adequacy of internal controls; reviewing compliance with significant contractual obligations, government regulations and internal policies; evaluating the use of company assets for effectiveness and efficiency; preparing written reports summarizing audit issues and corrective action plans; and assisting both internal and external auditors as needed.
1. Performs financial, compliance, and operational audits of primary functions and processes and determines the adequacy of the controls in achieving established control objectives
2. Prepares audit working papers and supporting documentation in accordance with Internal Audit quality standards
3. Collaborates with the external auditors to prepare the attestation of management assessment on internal controls in accordance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and prepares audit working papers and supporting documentation in accordance with the external auditor requirements
4. Communicates with and inquires of management personnel to determine the effectiveness of financial, system, reporting, and process controls in accordance with internal auditing and government-mandated standards, such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) and COSO
5. Identifies control gaps in business procedures, processes, or systems and initiates appropriate remedial action
6. Communicates with Company staff and management through audit meetings and written reports that discuss audit issues identified along with agreed action plans to address the issues
7. Follows up on agreed actions resulting from audit issues to ensure timely and effective implementation.
8. Shares accountability for the performance of the team
9. Makes decisions guided by established policies and procedures
10. Continually updates skills and knowledge through day-to-day work, research, and continuing education and training
11. Maintains time spent on projects and completes time reporting to track actual versus expected time on projects
12. Completes other projects and tasks as required and assigned
13. Reports to the Internal Audit Manager
*CPA, CIA, or CISA designation either obtained or being pursued
*Master’s degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, or related discipline
*Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
*Strong sense of professionalism with the ability to act independently and responsibly
*Ability to maintain confidentiality and integrity, and act with professional judgement
*Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, and adaptable to change
*Effective at prioritizing and balancing assigned tasks to achieve success in a fast-paced environment
*Ability to effectively monitor timelines and meet deadlines under pressure
*Flexibility to work collaboratively with team members, and independently with limited supervision
*Ability to apply broad functional/technical and business knowledge to complete moderately complex assignments under minimal supervision
*Quick to learn, and a desire to gain more advanced knowledge through experience and training
*Knowledge of GAAP and SOX requirements
*Understanding of common financial processes
*Limited understanding of common IT disciplines (applications, operations, infrastructure, and management) or IT General Controls
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
*Strong PC background, with demonstrated proficiency working with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
*Ability to read basic SQL queries is a plus
*Experience with SAP or other ERP software is a plus
*ACL Analytics, Tableau, PowerBI or other analytics and visualization tool experience or training is a plus
*Employees will also perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
*Some domestic and international travel required (approx. 10%)
knoxville, tennessee, knx, knox, tn