Integrated Account Executive
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Discovery’s National Advertising Sales team creatively sells 360 cross-platform client focused solutions across our US networks and digital video platforms that include: Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science, Motor Trend Network and TVE GO.
Ideal candidate will be passionate about the products we sell and taking strategic opportunities to our clients and agency partners. We operate as One Team and want someone who is curious and eager to learn; who ccontinues to question and learn. We want someone who is future oriented and strategic about approaching the business for the client who wants to be part of crafting the future of video and entertainment.
• Develop and pro-actively manage key client/advertising agency business across Discovery’s linear brands and digital platforms.
• Develop and pro-actively maintain client/advertising agency business across Discovery’s Linear, Digital video and data platforms with a focus on growth of key accounts, new business development and drive campaign success for accounts. Actively pipeline, steal share, get ahead of RFP process.
• Drive marketing conversations on behalf of client, understand client POV and ultimately what will sell. Create a feedback loop to improve ad products and marketing.
• Develop strong internal partnerships with Integrated Marketing, Research, Pricing & Planning and other Sales departments to respond to RFP’s, win business and drive incremental growth with existing clients.
• Interpret success stories/case studies and be able to apply them to specific advertiser/partner opportunities on the fly.
• Work effectively with team members throughout the network portfolio; leverage relationships across the company to accomplish goals.
• Manage and mentor a team sales support staff and help them learn the business.
• Apply a broad range of creative problem-solving skills to business and client issues, combining strategic, technical and analytical excellence, and synthesizing conclusions into recommendations and/or proposals.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related industry experience.
• Minimum of 8-10 years related advertising/sales experience; 5 years of convergent (linear & digital) direct national selling or direct digital video sales experience.
• Strong conceptual selling skills and the ability to position Discovery’s suite of liner and digital networks against competing national television and digital entities, as well as other advertising vehicles is required.
• Deep relationships within the marketplace with clients and agencies.
• Travel between 15-20% of time to meet with clients and agencies across geographic territory footprint.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
• Deploy a consultative selling approach; strong negotiating skills and ability to manage/own your business.
• Entrepreneurially focused, creative problem solver with demonstrated experience developing business strategy, tactics, and can implement recommendations • Excellent written, verbal, negotiation and presentation skills (able to create and deliver presentations to senior level executives & clients and in new business settings). • Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously in a changing environment. • Ability to be resourceful to get what you need – think outside the box and find innovate ways to generate revenue and construct the deal. • Be a creative problem solver, collaborative and solutions oriented with internal stakeholders, so the overall sales experience is cohesive for clients and agency partners.
• Demonstrated self-starter with leadership and project management skills, but the self-awareness necessary to understand when/where to ask for help and guidance
• History of consistently exceeding revenue targets and driving growth
• Ability to be resourceful to get what you need – this outside the box and find innovate ways to generate revenue and construct the deal. Be a creative problem solver for your advertiser
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail
• Ability to manage and own your business