HR Services Supervisor - Recruiting
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a HR Services Supervisor-Recruiting in Knoxville, Tennessee to join our HR Operations team.
In this mid-level role, you'll be responsible for leading, guiding and directing the recruiting coordinators in their interview scheduling activities while working with partners and hiring managers to deliver a seamless candidate experience. You'll be the point person for all things related to our applicant tracking system, iCIMS, and help remedy technical and data related issues. In addition you'll manage and facilitate the workflow and administrative processes related to recruiting and onboarding programs while maintaining all associated legal and compliance standards
What You'll Be Doing
• Lead, Guide and direct candidate scheduling activities while working with recruiting partners and hiring managers to deliver a seamless candidate experience
• Manage and facilitate applicable recruiting and onboarding programs while maintaining all associated legal and compliance standards
• Manage inquiries related to applicant tracking system to remedy technical and data related issues
• Perform audits related to new hires while rectifying issues that arise to ensure candidate experience is positive
• Plan and manage workflow priorities, provide technical assistance, oversee staff schedules, monitor quality of work and team projects
• Setup effective workflows, triaging, call escalation to upper Tiers (SMEs) while balancing resources and workload
• Play a key role in ongoing management of the Case Management Technology
• Effectively monitor and suggest methods to calibrate and improve HR transaction flows (e. g. new hire/termination information, personal data, compensation, benefits, personnel action changes)
• Facilitate responses to HR customers (employees, vendors, business partners, managers, etc.) questions ensuring exceptional customer service satisfaction
• Manage complex inquiries and appeals by researching, gathering support information, soliciting input from SMEs to resolve the cases
• Ensure Service Center processes and procedures are developed, implemented, understood and followed
• Maintain good knowledge of HR plans, policies, processes, payroll and systems
• Contribute to the development of new operational policies and procedures and recommend operational changes/adoptions
• Work on special projects as assigned
• Other responsibilities as assigned, which may become essential to the position
• Demonstrated knowledge of Call Center management
• Bachelor Degree in HR / Business or related field; or equivalent work experience
• Minimum three years of experience in a functional HR support activity, within an HR Operations, HR Service Provider and/or shared services environment
• Minimum of three years of experience working/using HR technologies (SAP, Workday, iCIMS etc.)
• Prior Supervisory experience is a plus
• High degree of respect for the confidentiality and sensitivity of HR and payroll data
• Proven knowledge of HR policies, procedures and processes and how they relate to HR Systems.
• Strong PC background, with demonstrated proficiency with Windows and MS Office Suite
• Experience of working across geographies
• Excellent verbal/written communication, interpersonal, prioritization, auditing, organizational and analytical skills
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Process oriented
• Comfortable working through ambiguity and uncertainty in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at our website.
About Discovery, Inc.
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.