Head-Strategy & Program Mgt Procurement
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 11/18/2019 6:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Head-Strategy & Program Mgt Procurement jobs in New York-NY
Search all Head-Strategy & Program Mgt Procurement postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Head-Strategy & Program Mgt Procurement? Provide support/direction to Discovery Procurement Leadership team for Program and Project Management, Business Planning, Financial Governance, and overall coordination for the Technology & Digital, Marketing, Media, & Research, and Corporate Services categories representing over $2.4B in spend influence.
The Head of Strategy, Finance, and Program Management ensures senior leadership is current on the latest spend, savings, and market trends. He/she is an active member of the Discovery Procurement Leadership team leading Strategy, Program Management, Business Planning, Financial Methodologies, and driving the overall coordination and reporting of activities.
Category Management Excellence
1. Monitor and report progress of the multiple initiatives and ensures the review process and discipline is fully implemented.
2. Support the next level of development of the Category Management process, including the Procurement Calendar, category strategy development, the annual category plan, the Category Week event, and the category playbooks.
1. Support the procurement project pipeline development process with particular focus on annual target setting
2. Work within the categories to build the annual targets by category, BU, and region
3. Provide 3-5 year view on Procurement savings as part of input into Finance strategic plan
Program and Project Management Leadership
1. Process owner for project and category management across the Technology & Digital; Marketing, Media, and Research; and Corporate Services categories
2. Ensure capability and competence is in place to deliver high quality project plans
3. Drive compliance and quality through project reviews, gap analysis, and best practice sharing
4. Implement clear and consistent reporting on ‘key’ projects for executive management
5. Drive periodical business reviews across Technology & Digital, Marketing, Media, and Research, and Corporate Services categories to track progress against plans and agree corrective actions, if needed
6. Support a methodology for measurement that covers total productivity for internal stakeholder’s (i.e. internal costs and external costs
7. Organize integrated calendar of events, prepare and run leadership team meetings as needed, including agenda setting, follow-up, etc.
8. Lead ad-hoc finance and strategic activities as needed; work with and lead cross-divisional projects as needed
9. Drive change management activities as needed
1. Coordinate with SVP/CPO and Procurement Finance to ensure that the Global Procurement budget is on track in current year
2. Support creation of budget for the year ahead, through coordinating with management and Category leads and understanding the future budget requirements for existing or planned projects
3. Align with Business Finance and BU’s on Productivity initiatives and how the value impacting the bottom line can be maximized and reflected in financial results
* 10 years of experience in Finance, Consultancy, and/or Program Management. Extensive understanding and high level of experience in project, change and category management
* Strong finance acumen with experience in annual target setting and plan process
* High level of experience managing people and teams within a matrix organization and across geographies and cultures
* Focus on teamwork and cross functional collaboration
* High level of organization skills and attention to detail
* Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Ability to develop high impact presentations for Senior Leadership
* Strong communication skills to interact within all levels of the company, in a concise and clear manner
* Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and an ability to synthesize complex and technical information into concise and clear recommendation
* Comfortable in presenting to Sr. Leadership
* Willingness to bring thought leadership, a creative mindset, and a fresh perspective on new ways to approach existing problems
* Undergraduate degree required; with strong preference for Business or Finance Master’s Degree or MBA preferred
* Professional accreditation in project management (PMP) a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.