Gvp Program Portfolio Management
Discovery CommunicationsSterling, NY
Full Time Job
GVP – Portfolio & Program Management Office
Location (East Coast US or London UK)
The Group Vice President Portfolio & Program Management is a member of The Office of the CIO Leadership team. The Office of the CIO is responsible for technology strategic planning, internal consulting and establishing consistent and measurable processes related to work intake, execution, data quality, and financial performance on behalf of the CIO. The GVP, Portfolio & Program Management Office reports directly to the SVP, Office of the CIO and is responsible for leading a function which provides seamless delivery of its strategic programs and project portfolios, whilst implementing robust and measurable processes to all aspects of the project and portfolio management across the CIO’s Enterprise Technology & Operations (ET&O) group.
Special focus in the role is on leading the technology integration execution program team for the Warner Bros. Discovery merger, ensuring on time delivery and synergy opportunities are realised.
The aim of the department is to ensure that there is a standardized and consistent work intake, execution and measurement of the programs and portfolios. The function focuses on technology enablement in support of Enterprise PMO to ensure all work which flows from SMT Steerco/GBO/Finance is prioritized and managed via defined processes.
The Portfolio and PMO department is also responsible for developing the portfolio management and project governance framework for adoption across Enterprise Technology & Operations portfolio teams.
There is a strong focus on standards definition, quality and measurable performance, which is always evolving as the function matures.
The GVP should be well versed in all project management methodologies and be able to lead a team of strong program and project managers. The GVP should drive process change and improvement, have a deep understanding of scoping and scope development programs, standard operating, budget management, fiscal stewardship and team building and leadership. This is a client facing role, interfacing with the senior operations and project team members of our clients
The ideal candidate should have experience structuring and leading multi-million-dollar strategic programs and portfolios.
Responsible for leading the execution of all strategic program and transformation delivery in ET&O. Partners with the Business Change and Transition Team. Leads a shared delivery project management team and a large and varied portfolio of programs and projects.
Leads the execution programme for Technology Integration Programme office for the Warner Bros. Discovery merger.
Responsible and accountable for the Enterprise Technology & Operations PMO function which must be run to ensure maximum efficiency and clear definitions and standards for project management across all ET&O portfolios and projects.
The PMO functions defines and implements a robust continuous improvement cycle to ensure benefits realisation and conducts post implementation reviews.
Accountable for delivery of Project and Programme Management within the Office of the CIO Technology portfolios.
Partners with the Technology Strategy Office to define the process for technology enablement across the company and in doing so supports technology and Global Business Operations execution across the Warner Bros. Discovery Technology roadmap.
Develops a community of practice with the other global PMO functions (Streaming, Finance, People & Culture) and the Global Transformation Office.
Owns the Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) roadmap.
Accountable for IT Financial management across the portfolios and programs, ensuring robust spend control is in place.
Owns the roll up of the Enterprise Technology & Operations portfolio and provides visibility back to the CIO and other senior leadership. Establishes robust portfolio scorecard management and reporting.
Lead indirect and multi-disciplinary teams on project as required to ensure cohesiveness across the business, and set clear guidelines as required to ensure decisions are made in an agile way but are coordinated effectively where necessary
• Proven leadership success in dynamic, fast paced environment with multiple constituents
• Experience in a global technology organization managing and developing teams in large organizations across multiple international offices
• Strong project and strategic program management experience with a passion for processes and procedures.
• Experience in managing portfolios of $250 Million
• Is an SME on all project methodologies – Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean, Kanban, Scaled Agile
• Expert in the 3Ps - Portfolio, Program and Project Management along with PMO knowledge around setting up and guiding large teams on standard tools and processes around technology projects.
• Good understanding of product management, platforms, systems ecosystem to align various technology and business stakeholders towards strategic goals
• Maintain strong work ethics with high integrity. Consensus and team builder. Must be extremely results oriented.
• Pro ven ability to excite and lead a successful team, is data-driven and outcome orientat ed
• Ability to multitask and handle on a proactive basis, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment to maximize time-management and efficiencies
• Demonstrated business acumen, problem solving skills, intellectual maturity and relationship management skills
• Ability to balance risk with business priorities and apply the appropriate sense of urgency to issues.
• Excellent in engaging with various technology & business stakeholders at varied level to align them towards the common objectives
• Excellent execution focused attitude to see through organization vision & strategic goals are commonly shared, understood and met using various execution strategy actions
• Education: Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree
• Mandatory Experience: 12 years of total experience in large technology organizations
• Preferred Experience in media industry
• Preferred Certifications (any of the below): PMI PfMP, PMI PgMP, PMI PMP, A-CSM, CSM, SAFe
Current Warner Bros. Discovery employees will be given preferential consideration for this opportunity. This position will be posted for five business days.