Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
The newly formed Marketing, Creative and Design group within Discovery UK is a hugely ambitious team set up to meet the cross-platform promotional and advertising needs of our growing streaming service discovery alongside our portfolio of popular Free-to-air UK channels.
We are looking for someone who is bursting with ideas and creativity, combined with a real passion for broadcast design. You’ll be a team player who is aware of what is fresh and exciting in the marketplace, buzzing with exhilarating ideas that work across multiple platforms, all with the same result driving people to watch our amazing content. Working with creatives and producers you’ll develop fresh and exciting approaches to graphics, and have a strong creative flair to drive innovation across our network of brands. Your work will sit comfortably across multiple platforms, including broadcast, social and print. Armed with extensive experience of the broadcast environment, your enthusiasm and passion for what you do will bring the best of those around you. This is a great opportunity for an outstanding, creative individual – a multi-talented designer who is brimming with ideas and graphic design solutions.
As a Graphic Designer you will attend briefings, manage workloads, maintain regular contact with the creative and production team members and will be responsible for all design deliverables.
The role is split equally between designing for various online and print deliverables but also allows for a level of creativity in coming up with campaign solutions for various programming across multiple platforms and channels.
We are looking for experienced designer with proven experience of taking ideas from concept to finished product whilst driving forward creativity. It is essential that candidates have experience in delivering high quality graphics using the Adobe Creative Suite. But more importantly, someone who is willing to go beyond simply what they are being asked to do.
• Working with creative colleagues to interpret briefs and to create on-brand and innovative work
• Designing for large scale print specs
• Production of internal and external pitch and presentation documents
• Comprehensive Support for the Design Team
• Maintaining working processes and file managing
• Assisting creatively and art working on channel branding
• Concept and create Keyart for campaigns / programming
• Image editing / retouching
• Design off-air digital assets for social
• Formal design education
• Juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to take and intemperate design briefs and feedback
• Strong typographic and layout
• Experience of Print and digital design
• Must be able to set up and deliver to printers with the correct specs. Experience in liaising with printers and supplying artwork for large scale print jobs.
• Good understanding of all Adobe software and applications, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
• Knowledge of motion design using After Effects for animated social posts would be highly desirable but not essential
• Demonstrable knowledge and passion for Branding and Identity theory and practice.
• Strong Communication skills
• Ability to keep calm in a pressurised environment
• Be a key part of the UK creative and function alongside Design Managers
• Polite nature and can-do attitude
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong team player
• The enthusiasm to progress further with a Design/Creative team.
• Staying up-to-date with branding and design trends