Global Mobility Immigration Consultant
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, TN
Full Time Job
The Immigration Consultant serves as a key partner for People & Culture Managers, Hiring Managers, Recruiting and impacted employees by informing, advising, and supporting them in maintaining their immigration needs by applying technical knowledge and interpreting policies and procedures as they relate to immigration matters. This position is responsible for ensuring a smooth process and status maintenance for US Foreign National employees and International Immigration employees including counseling at all levels on immigration policies and procedures and handling or elevating related questions and problems which may occur. The position makes recommendations on the application and implementation of rules. The position is responsible for internal consultation on immigration questions pertaining to new hires, current employees and stakeholders. This position is responsible for daily management of U.S. immigration case files, including preparation of L, H, E, and TN visa applications as well as responsible for running the Green Card process. And working with our international immigration attornies on all other immigration application needs
1. Consult with foreign nationals on all aspects of immigration, including non-immigrant and immigrant visas and on-going support including resolving routine and non-routine questions for foreign nationals
2. Creates and manages processes and procedures in order to efficiently, coordinate documentation required for visa processing on all Immigrant and non-Immigrant applications with candidates, consultants and outside counsel resulting in timely and accurate petition filings
3. Consult with candidate leads, and hiring managers on a regular basis to answer questions, resolve issues and explain immigration policy
4. Educates managers on complex nuances associated with foreign nationals so that recommended solutions can be made which support the individual and meet business needs.
5. Build effective relationships with P&C Partners. Legal - Employee Relations, Recruiters, Managers, Employees and Counsel as they relate to immigration program activities
6. Liaison with outside counsel to interpret and apply technical immigration policies and procedures in a timely communicative manner
7. Advises which Visa is appropriate and in compliance with Department of Labor and Department of State standards.
8. Lead and provide consultation and guidance to all business units related to the PERM process including converting a typical job description to a PERM acceptable job description.
9. Ensure accurate and timely PERM initiations and other related activities including prevailing wage documentation, postings, labor market recruitment and tracking etc.
10. Maintain Public Access Files ensuring compliance, documentation and execution of immigration policies and procedures
11. Collaborate and coordinate with internal resources including payroll, legal, finance, global mobility and other centers of excellence.
12. Identify potential issues/concerns and proactively escalate to manager potential concerns as appropriate.
13. Ability to quickly identify and manage exceptions and policy inequities.
14. Ability to effectively explain the green card process and other immigation processes.
15. Manages communication channels to insure we provide a high level of service and consultation to all immigration inquiries regarding status updates employees
16. Drive continuous improvement in day to day process and transformation initiatives that result in impactful evolution
17. Identify, diagnose & resolve problems (through the implementation of creative solutions) w/n the lifecycle and sponsorship processes
18. Make recommendations to immigration policy design informed through data & analytics
19. Create and execute training programs & materials for customers, managers & stakeholders
20. To stay current on trends etc. will need to participate in and attend meetings and seminars on Global Mobility and other related topics.
21. Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
* Three or more years of domestic immigration/visa experience (international experience a plus)
* Bachlelors Degree from accredited college or university is preferred.
* Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate well at all levels of the company
* Firm understanding of immigration and work authorization laws and regulations
* Ability to maintain professionalism in a fast-paced, sometimes high stress environment.
* Experience working in a role that requires a high degree of confidentiality and/or dealing with sensitive information.
* Capable to work in a multi-cultural and virtual, global environment
* Requires effective oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
* Able to work collaboratively with employees at all levels within the organization, as well as with multiple departments to effectively meet objectives in a timely manner
* Adept at identifying, prioritizing, and managing important tasks/issues with accuracy and focusing on detail. Adept at simultaneously balancing numerous administrative tasks and projects
* Ability to identify key barriers and core problems, & develop solutions
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN