Front-End Software Engineer
Discovery CommunicationsStockholm, SE
This was removed by the employer on 5/10/2021 5:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Front-End Software Engineer jobs in Stockholm-SE
Search all Front-End Software Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Front-End Software Engineer? As television and media habits change, our mission remains true to the principles that founded Discovery – every day we seek to ignite people’s curiosity to engage, entertain and enlighten the world around them through amazing viewing experiences. Discovery Networks Sweden* hires the very best and brightest talent who are enthusiastic and passionate to fulfill the company’s mission of empowering people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity. In exchange for their talent and drive, employees are provided with an engaging, diverse workplace and the resources they need to learn, thrive and grow in their careers.
Discovery’s Stockholm Engineering team shipped the core services of Discovery’s growing streaming video platform. We are now a hub for a global engineering group of hundreds - and we are expanding! We are looking for technically deep, analytical Front-End Software Engineers to join our growing Stockholm team.
The Direct to Consumer Group is a technology company within the Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network’s brands globally. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery-owned networks around the world - discovery , Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport and many more. This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery’s future.
We are hiring front-end software engineers to join our team in Stockholm. The ideal candidate has a track record of having built multiple high-performance, stable, scalable web applications that have been successfully shipped to customers in production. Your work and your approach to work are exemplary: you drive best practices and set standards for your team. You are a key influencer in your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgment making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs. You are a collaborative leader that makes other engineers and team members around you more productive, by sharing your knowledge, and helping to tie-break key technical decisions.
• You are able to work autonomously to design and develop functional changes to existing software systems. You require little or no guidance from team members. You still actively seek input where appropriate and engage your team to inform and share what you are doing.
• You can collaborate with other engineers assisting on features another engineer designed or taking the lead on feature design yourself. Your software contributions are demonstrated to work in production, and your team trusts your decisions, designs, and code.
• You are able to describe and defend your design and code decisions to other engineers, embrace constructive feedback, and adapt your approach to align with team and company standards and objectives.
• You consistently demonstrated good software ownership practices (e.g. code reviews, code comments, etc) in all of your contributions. Your code reviews are uneventful, you prepare documentation proactively, and you ensure proper monitoring for operational excellence in production.
• You offer enhancements to best practices, document, design, and architecture improvements, and as feedback through code reviews to other engineers without continuous prompting or recurring encouragement. Other engineers appreciate your feedback.
• You can troubleshoot a production issue by reviewing source code, logs, operational metrics, stack trace, etc to pinpoint a specific problem and then resolve it.
• Experience with libraries such as React and Material UI
• Experience setting up automated tests using Jest and React Testing Library
• Knowledge of React state management and Webpack
• Experience integrating with REST APIs
• Experience in Agile practices (Pairing, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery)
• Comfortable using Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Git and AWS
• Java, gRPC, Spring Boot, Kotlin
*Discovery Networks Sweden is the second largest commercial television group in Sweden. We have Channel 5, Channel 9, Channel 11, Discovery Channel, TLC, Eurosport 1, Eurosport 2, Animal Planet, Discovery World, Discovery Science, Investigation Discovery, Discovery HD, Animal Planet HD as well as the play service, discovery . The most recently acquired principal owner, Discovery Communications, also owns the rights to Olympic 2018 - 2024. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.