French Gfx Editor
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, GB
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages. Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens, from linear,?free-to-air and?pay–TV?channels to digital products, streaming services, social & mobile-first content and formats.
As Discovery Communications' portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery's products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery's growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Discovery operates on a worldwide basis to produce & acquire content from thousands of global partners, schedule hundreds of linear TV & online channels, and distribute content to hundreds of affiliates including cable TV, free-to-air broadcast, and online video providers such as Amazon and iTunes.
Based in our Chiswick, West London offices, working within Post Production, the Editor – French Speaking is primarily responsible for graphics creation, customization, reversioning and cutting to clock materials for transmission. This role requires advanced graphics and editing skills utilizing Adobe After Effects and Avid Media Composer. This is a 6 month fixed term position.
Among others, you will be responsible for -
• Designing and creating graphics in After Effects for broadcast in multiple regions
• Custom motion graphics creation and compositing over picture
• Editing content for broadcast, whether this is reversioning and customizing pre-existing content or cutting from rushes.
• Offline, online and grade shows using Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere
• Being a native French speaker is essential
• Ability to perform advanced graphics work using After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
• Strong design skills and a keen eye for detail
• Able to Offline and Online content for broadcast using Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere
• A thorough understanding of broadcast and technical Post Production workflows is essential
Why work for us?
You will be working in a fast paced, complex environment, collaborating across Discovery brands .
We value our staff and put people at the centre of everything we do. Consumers, Customers, Partners and Employees. In addition to our excellent benefits package we also have employee-centric offerings such as our on-site medical centre, back-up child & elder care sessions and enhanced family leave. We are proud to be a proactively diverse organisation with a variety of employee groups that we engage with to ensure continuous improvement of our organisation.
If you are looking for a challenging role with real business impact and have the above skills and experience, we would love to hear from you.