FP&A Data Governance Manager
Discovery CommunicationsWarsaw, MZ
Full Time Job
We are currently recruiting a Data Governance Manager to Discovery's Financial Planning & Analysis Center of Excellence - organization that maintains worldwide operations.
FP&A COE is known for its innovative thinking, best practices implementation and great customer service. Discovery seeks to unlock value for the company through igniting curiosity in all of its team members, encouraging collaboration and constantly transforming the way we work.
• Participate in establishing and governing an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities
• Serve as a liaison between the different teams/areas to ensure that data definitions, business terms, calculation rules are clearly defined, communicated and well understood.
• Develop & maintain:
• inventory of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners
• catalogue of information to enable self-service
• data lineage reflecting data flows from source to destination
• Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise:
• Defines processes, dimensions and measures to understand, improve and monitor enterprise data quality
• Runs data assessment of selected data groups
• Initiate data cleansing task/ projects
• Promote data quality principles
• Resolve issues escalated from the different teams/areas:
• Undertake data analysis, reporting and systems / process development to understand issues and propose solutions.
• Work closely with subject matter experts to identify and capture the data problems and interpret and translate them into business, application and operational requirements.
• Coordinate external data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline the expense related to those services
• Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace.
• Work closely with key stakeholders to guide the implementation of end-to-end data solutions. Define the existing (As Is) processes, lead the design of new (To Be) processes, identify and quantify any gaps.
• Builds user awareness, facilitates communication and trainings. Drive the data culture forward ensuring the understanding and value of data governance is understood within the Firm.
• Need to be passionate about the business, the data, self-starter / proactive individual with a 'can do' attitude
• 5 years of relevant experience in a major organization with large-scale data, implementing data governance frameworks
• Master Degree in Finance, Maths/ Statistics, Information Systems, Computer Science
• Strong analytical and system management skills required
• Data lineage tools and PowerBI experience would be advantageous
• Very good English
• Communication skills (both written and verbal), with the ability to interact with executive level stakeholders & exchange complex information in a simple way
• Accuracy, attention to details
• Experience in multi-national, multi-currency environment, ideally a US listed company
What we offer?
• Possibility to work in a highly regarded organization with global exposure
• Attractive benefit package
• Partial home office
• Flexible working hours