Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc., is on the hunt for our next amazing Food Stylist to manage food production and styling for Food Network’s television shows, digital/social, print and other media. Joining us at our offices in Chelsea Market in New York, New York, this jack-of-all trades will work on set to support talent and behind-the-scenes culinary teams, develop and test recipes for various media, cater for in-house and talent appearance events, and potentially appear on camera for social shoots.
1. Manage culinary aspects of production, including participating in pre-production meetings, assessing recipes and breakdowns, creating detailed shopping lists, and ensuring that all relevant information shared with culinary team.
2. Manage prep crews of full-time and freelance stylists, culinary PAs and other support, and interns.
3. Manage back kitchens and food for location shoots.
4. Develop, test and evaluate original clean recipes in the style of Food Network Kitchens for Food Network Magazine, cookbooks, Ad Sales, Digital (Food Network & Cooking Channel websites and social media).
5. Cater events for Discovery’s Ad Sales, Affiliate Sales, Marketing, Press and other teams.
6. Keep current with industry and food trends and culinary research
*** We try to stick to the 8-hour/day work schedule, but productions often entail overtime, evenings, weekend and/or the occasional holiday. This role is also PERFECT for those who like to travel as you stylists may spend several weeks, or longer, away from our NYC studio and on set for one of our TV shows.
* You have 5 years of experience in culinary and food handling, preparation and cooking procedures and preferably have a culinary degree.
* You're a creative master at cooking and baking techniques and have broad and deep knowledge of world cuisines and products.
* You anticipate and can respond quickly to fluid circumstances on a set or over the long-term.
* You shine with a ‘can do’ positive attitude and love collaborating with multiple partners.
* You have impeccable organizational skills, accuracy, attention to detail.
* You monitor timelines and adjust your work as needed, prioritizing to achieve success.
* You have excellent communication and follow-up skills and are capable of working on multiple projects in various stages of production.
* You're comfortable serving as talent yourself and being on camera for social media shoots.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY