Finance Business Analyst
Discovery CommunicationsCharlotte, NC
Full Time Job
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content that supports the implementation of Common Core, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Available in over half of all U.S. schools, community colleges and in 50 countries around the world, Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement.
The business analyst will support the Education business with a focus on cash generation forecasting, financial planning, business performance measurement and benchmarking. This will be a high-profile position and have regular interaction with Company executives regarding strategic initiatives. Reporting into the CFO, the analyst will be looked upon as the corporate level financial forecast expert.
1. Build and manage an integrated, multi-year cash generation and financial model for global business
2. Prepare scenario-based analyses as part of new business line or M&A evaluation processes and communicate financial implications to senior management
3. Compile and analyze competitive and industry financial and operational metrics for performance benchmarking
4. Collaborate within the FP&A team to prepare value-added analysis and reporting of period end actual results versus forecast with a focus on understanding how past performance can influence future results
5. Utilize financial systems to their maximum potential and make reporting effective, efficient, timely, accurate and insightful
6. Support the annual budgeting process around cash generation modeling, SG&A expenses, capital budgeting and consolidation.
7. Prepare ad hoc analyses and presentations as needed
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance required. MBA or CPA a plus.
* Minimum three years of experience. Investment Banking or Private Equity experience a plus
* Exceptional analytical skills; demonstrated high proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
* Comprehensive understanding of accounting/finance concepts
* Disposition to leverage technology to automate manual processes
* High integrity individual and team player
* Comfortable interacting and communicating with individuals of all levels
* Ability to independently manage workload with regard to prioritization and time
* Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task; exceptional organizational skills
* Quick learner and problem solver
* Must have legal right to work in the United States