Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Executive Producer will be responsible for creation, production, and management of multiplatform content for Discovery factual networks (Discovery, Science, and Animal Planet). The Executive Producer will manage the efforts of internal and external productions and partner with linear series counterparts as the digital subject matter expert. This role will be an integral part of the content creation process to help shape and execute projects on behalf of the network brands.
1. Serve as team lead and main contact for production of multiplatform projects as assigned by department VP.
2. Supervision of creative process – from development and treatment review to final delivery on original and complimentary mid-form series.
3. Directly manage team of internal producers and editors accountable for executing the creative vision for multiplatform content as assigned by the EP.
4. Responsible for managing their daily workload, schedule, career growth, training and development, as well as their annual review.
5. Produce and direct shoots for short-form, mid-form and other multiplatform content, as assigned by department VP.
Work with the team to develop new creative concepts, formats and content ideas across platforms.
6. Oversee the project management of all assigned multiplatform content (including grids and calendars), work closely with strategy & social lead on roll out for all multiplatform content.
7. Oversee internal productions and edits including but not limited to social first content, graphical elements, lifts, short-form and mid-form series.
8. Create sponsorship opportunities and branded content for Ad Sales. Works closely with internal team, ad agencies, clients and Ad Sales to produce high-quality salable multiplatform content.
9. Manage on-camera digital talent as it relates to all aspects of the creative process and coordinate casting of talent for digital projects as needed.
10. Review treatments, outlines, shooting scripts, scripts, production schedules, budgets, selects, graphics, music, rough cuts, fine cuts, final narration and final versions of all assigned digital content.
11. Management of multiple outside production companies on series and projects simultaneously, and in coordination with DCI internal departments, to ensure timely, effective and on-budget development, production and delivery of original multiplatform content.
12. Acts as network representative to outside organizations and is responsible for maintaining relationships with external vendors and clients as needed.
13. Responsible for the oversight and management of production equipment and facilities including but not limited to all audio/video gear and studio space.
* 10 years field or studio production experience as producer or writer in film or video documentary, reality, drama, general entertainment, informational, how-to, talk, etc.
* 3 years’ experience managing individual team members
* Strong history of creating factual and entertainment content
* A demonstrated track record in creative execution
* Experience managing a slate of multiple projects simultaneously
* Demonstrated aptitude to work closely with external producers to represent the network’s needs.
* Demonstrated ability to manage the creative process from concept to completion
* Experience working with on-air talent including hosts, experts, and cast members
* Multi-camera event programming experience is a plus
* Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Los Angeles, LA, California, CA, LAX