Discovery CommunicationsWaco, TX
Full Time Job
The Executive Producer helps create, produce and manage ground breaking, innovative television programs. The EP helps brainstorm and create a variety of production projects and simultaneously manages a full slate of series for the Joint Venture with Chip and Joanna Gaines. The EP will also have a strong partnership with outside production companies and will help coordinate and oversee the needs of their series with internal departments within the Network. The job requires a strong background of creating factual and entertainment series. The job is to create and manage series, maintain the highest standards on existing series, and invent new ways of talking to and expanding the audience for the Joint Venture.
1. The EP will be expected to share ideas and contribute to the strategic vision and direction of the Network. Must always think “big picture” when managing their series.
2. The EP will also help explore the possibilities for each show managed (ex. online opportunities, VOD offering, commerce options, press, Ad Sales, etc.).
3. Must contribute to team initiatives that have network-wide implications as determined by senior management (ex. best practices, sharing information, improving vendor relations, business affairs processes, etc.).
4. Serve as lead and main contact on all aspects of production for Network projects as assigned by VP of Production & Development. Directly responsible for pushing project information to internal network teams and ensuring that the Network is maximizing the potential of each project /series in all stages of production.
5. Review and convey timely comments to program producers on all stages of development and production, and, if a stage in production is not approved, give timely written notice to the producer of the reasons why such approval has not been accorded.
6. Work with the VP of Production & Development to develop new creative concepts, formats and show ideas to pitch back to Development and Programming teams.
7. Supervision of entire creative process – from treatment review to final delivery on original, co-production and reversion projects.
8. Review, edit, and approve preliminary and final treatments, outlines, shooting scripts, scripts, production schedules, budgets, selects, graphics, music, rough cuts, fine cuts, final narration and final versions of all assigned programs.
9. Work with DCI’s Talent Relations department to coordinate casting of talent for Network projects. Review talent audition material and work with talent team on contract negotiations.
10. Communication of production information to all internal (ex. Production Management, Business Affairs, Legal, Scheduling, Marketing, Communications, Online, Education, Consumer Products, etc.) and external parties associated with the production including the Network senior management team as necessary.
11. Management of multiple outside production companies on multiple series and specials simultaneously, and in coordination with DCI internal departments to ensure timely, effective and on-budget development, production and delivery of original commissions and co-productions.
12. Adherence to and accountability for all aspects of DCI's editorial, budgetary and production standards, as well as contractual and deliverables requirements for DCI programming. Requires clear, on-going communication of DCI’s editorial guidelines and standards of quality to outside production companies, particularly during story development and selects stages, including early notification of productions not meeting DCI standards.
13. Supervision of all production phases including editing, narration, talent, post-production audio, scripting, graphics and field and studio production.
14. The EP will be held jointly accountable for the effective management of all aspects the development/series/specials on their slate.
15. EP acts as Network representative to outside organizations and responsible for maintaining relationships with external vendors and clients and making sure we’re great partners for creative.
16. Supervisor of assigned production support team member(s). Responsible for managing their daily workload, schedule, career growth, training and development as well as their annual review.
* Ten years field or studio production experience as producer or writer in film or video documentary, reality, drama, general entertainment, informational, how-to, talk, network experience, etc.
* Experience in producing talent-led series experience is a must.
* Multi camera event programming experience is a plus
* A demonstrated track record in creative execution and ratings performance. Experience managing a slate of multiple television projects simultaneously.
* Demonstrated aptitude to work closely with external producers to represent the Network’s needs. Demonstrated ability to manage the creative process from concept to air. Ability to work closely with related divisions including press, marketing, ad sales, education and consumer products.
* Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
* Must have legal right to work in the United States
Waco, Texas, TX