Executive Producer- Digital
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Executive Producer will work on new digital programming for use across multiple platforms. Core responsibilities include series and talent development, booking, overseeing projects from pre-production through final delivery (along with producer reporting into this position), partnering with production companies to innovate on storytelling and formats, ensuring that projects remain on schedule and on budget throughout the process, and working with talent.
1. Produce short-, mid- and long-form content with internal resources and external production companies and clearly communicate ideas and objectives.
2. Oversee a producer and work to scale content and surface efficiencies.
3. Work with producer and other key stakeholders to develop the overall look and feel of all new series, including development of storylines, formats and talent.
4. Partner with editorial, convergent, social, legal, marketing, programming and research teams to develop best practices and create strategic promotional plans.
5. Create and maintain relationships with agents, managers, and on-camera talent.
6. Monitor competitive programming and marketplace trends to suggest new strategies and techniques to incorporate into programming.
7. Pitch digital ideas regularly across Discovery’s Food properties.
* Must have food/culinary media experience
* Must have experience representing brand or network vision while working with third-party production companies
* Must have experience working in a scaled daily production environment, preferably with live video production
* Must have experience booking industry experts, celebrity guests and on-camera talent
* Preferred candidates will have linear TV experience
* Must understand an app-based audience and viewing habits within these environments.
* Must be collaborative and possess a high degree of adaptability and flexibility.
* Must possess strong communication skills, both in-person and digitally.
* Minimum of 7 years digital video production experience and at least 2 years of management experience.
* Must be highly organized and very comfortable operating in a startup-style environment.
* Strong familiarity with new and emerging video programming platforms (Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire, iOS, Android, Windows 8, and other OTT platforms/connected devices).
* Must have a critical and advanced eye in terms of aesthetics and storytelling with experience in post-production.
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Bonus points for experience shooting, editing, and directing.
* Some travel required.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
Discovery, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and strategic executive producer to focus on digital content development and production for Food Network digital platforms. A successful candidate for this role will help to pitch, develop, and execute on compelling programming for ongoing and upcoming initiatives.