Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Executive Assistant is central to the support of the GVP of Product & Design and the GVP of Product- Monetization & Marketing. Working with the global leadership team and other internal departments, this role will use critical thinking, organizational efficiencies, project management, and problem-solving skills to assist with the daily operations and communications. They will assist with calendars, travel, billing, and employee engagement activities. The role supplies critical information, updates, and recaps for review and approval.
• Functions as an extension of the GVP, Product & Design and GVP, Product - Monetization & Marketing, as it relates to day-to-day operations, scheduling and communications. This includes managing the leaders’ calendars, coordinating travel arrangements, preparing expense reports and purchase orders, ordering office supplies, and confirming payment on all department expenditures. May attend business meetings as requested and provide notes/updates.
• Oversees departmental events and business activities such as meeting logistics, documents, agendas, reports, and presentations. Responsible for arranging video teleconferences, travel, inter-office access, and drive-on / walk-on requests.
• Tracks progress of divisional projects and team initiatives and provides status updates to executives. Serves as the executives’ initial point of contact for essential meeting updates.
• Collaborates with other executive assistants to ensure alignment across our global direct-to-consumer departments for all activities.
• Maintains all documents, reports, data, and information for the office and the teams. Conducts research and generates reports. Provides insight based on available information and ensures information is current and complete.
• Contributes to and supports the overall team by carrying out additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience is required.
• 3-5 years of administrative experience required.
• Executive experience critical with International experience essential.
• Prior experience in entertainment, digital media, product & technology, and marketing preferred.
• Experience working in highly matrixed organizations and/or conglomerates preferred.
• Impeccable organization, logistic, and project coordination skills with a proven track record of managing a workflow, meeting tight deadlines, and maintaining a high volume of work.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks and/or concurrent projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to work independently and under time constraints to meet deadlines and schedules.
• Must be able to maintain executive confidentiality.
• Strong attention to detail. Must be comfortable with strategy, data, and financials.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both verbal and written.)
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of clients, including executives, internal staff, cross-divisional partners, external vendors, and guests.
• Experience working with a blended global team (face to face, and remote) in a fast-paced setting.
• Exceptional proficiency with Google Suite and MS Office Suite required.
• Experience with Zoom, Google Meet, Keynote, Adobe Suite, Adobe Acrobat, Jira, Confluence or similar project management software preferred.
• Experience with Concur and SAP systems, expense report generation, and invoice processing.
• Flexibility to respond to off-hours (nights and weekends) for business needs.
• Familiarity Discovery global brands and entertainment industry a plus.
• Entrepreneurial in nature and focused on driving the highest impact for future growth.
• Proactively enjoys finding innovative solutions, gaining input and driving alignment
• Effective building and maintaining cross-functional and partner relationships
• Thrives in ambiguity, and enjoys the challenge of complex problem, and systems
• Comfortable working under pressure and tight deadlines