Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, CA
Full Time Job
• Support the Domestic Distribution team, which includes affiliate distribution, digital distribution, affiliate marketing, operations and compliance.
• Providing proactive executive level support to ensure the strategic management and efficient functioning of all Domestic Distribution administrative operations.
• Provide strategic executive level support for President, Affiliate Distribution and her direct reports.
• The Executive Assistant general responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating calendar & travel arrangements; scheduling meetings (internal/external); handling internal/external phone calls; ensuring that the appropriate information and messages are distributed---and are followed up on---in a timely manner; handling a broad range of correspondence, such as emails, PDFs and FedEx’s to clients, internal employees and vendors; EA is also responsible for handling confidential and sensitive information and must be able to do so in a professional & appropriate manner.
• Provide support to team members, as able and is reasonable, based on workload
• As a critical role within the department, the EA is positioned for maximum learning (pace of learning dictated by EA’s demonstrated interest in the business & desire to understand business process and procedures.) EA has opportunity to take on additional work/projects as individual demonstrates mastery of day-to-day EA responsibilities.
• Coordinate and maintain calendar.
• Schedule travel arrangements, including but not limited to, researching air travel, car rental, hotel accommodations and all other related needs
• Proactively make recommendations and take ownership of establishing an effective system within their offices for files, binders, and effective paper management, etc.
• Manage logistics related to internal key client meetings; including securing conference room, greeting VIP clients, arranging for food/drinks (if needed), coordinating all related meeting needs (pre and post.)
• Manage the financial processes of check requests, invoices and purchase orders. Arranges travel itineraries.
• Prepare and submit executive expense reports in compliance with company policy
• Approve travel requests, expense reports and other items as delegated by executive
• Assist with planning and executing client and VIP events/mailers;
• Proactively collaborate with divisional administrative team to ensure optimization of best practices and team coverage, as needed
• Provide backup and generalist support to senior team and direct reports
• Accurately complete each project, while paying strict attention to detail, providing effective communication and follow-through, in a timely manner;
• Research and solve problems independently of others and supervisor.
• Possess a solid understanding of business processes and department objectives as well as Company policies
• Perform other related duties and related support as assigned
• Meeting management including coordination of meeting room space across multiple offices and technical/IT setup
• Prepare desk spaces for new hires and visitors and support onboarding process for new team members
• Overall planning support including team meeting coordination, technical/IT logistics and support, lunch and learns, group outings, etc.
• Mailings and mail-merge special projects
• Office supply management
• Group communications emails
• Bachelor's degree or Associates degree with equivalent work experience
• At least five years administrative, business or communications experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, writing and editing ability focused primarily on correspondence and related documents, highly responsible and sensitive to quick turnaround deadlines
• Candidate must enjoy working in a fast paced, team oriented, collaborative environment where everyone is committed to the success of the collective divisional goals and possesses the belief that each team member is critical to the growth of the business
• Demonstrated ability to think proactively, anticipate questions, problems & opportunities before they arise; making proactive recommendations for how to best handle/respond to each
• Ability to simultaneously juggle multiple priorities, while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor and good humor at all times
• Ability to build and maintain strong and beneficial business relationships;
• Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, prioritization, and administrative skills
• Candidate must possess a tremendously positive attitude, strong work ethic (the willingness to go the extra mile) and demonstrate consistent accountability, punctuality, reliability, teamwork, problem solving skills (internally and externally) and ability to communicate in a professional manner at all times--demonstrating an on-going commitment to a healthy work environment that lives DCI corporate values.
• Absolute proficiency is necessary in the Microsoft Office suite of products (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint (a must), Outlook Calendar) and the Google suite of products (i.e., Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Calendar), Access, and database management
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.