Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This position will oversee and manage the Executive’s office to include coordination of department administrative support, where applicable. This role may also support one or more other Executives.
1. Schedule executive's appointments, maintain and update supervisor's daily calendar. Organize and coordinate meetings, including preparation and distribution of materials, agendas, and notes, handouts.
2. Arrange travel, transportation and hotel arrangements.
3. Coordinate with other departmental executive and administrative assistants to provide support for the entire department.
4. Answer telephone, screen calls, route callers, take messages, respond to internal and external inquiries, and provide routine information within the scope of authority.
5. Manage expense reports, purchase orders, and check request. Monitor monthly expenses, reconcile budget, and refer discrepancies for resolution.
6. Compose emails, forms, procedures, proposals, and other documents and correspondence, as appropriate.
7. Prepare or assist in the preparation of presentations, including budget and strategy presentations.
8. Research and database maintenance, as needed.
9. Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field of study or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience is preferred.
* Two to four years’ administrative experience.
* Must be proficient in Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, G Suite, Google docs, Slack, Zoom, Box, and database management.
* Candidate must be articulate, detail-oriented, and have strong follow up, organizational and administrative management skills.
* Candidate must also demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, intellectual curiosity, and an ability to manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
* Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required.
* Ability to initiate and follow-through on tasks independently – strong self-starter who will take charge and provide support to executives in an efficient manner.
* Ability to multitask, assess priorities and maintain composure and diplomacy at all times.
* Discovery experience a significant plus – knowledge of internal company processes and departments a key attribute.
* Interest in content, business development and partnerships, and / or quantitative analysis preferred.
* Expertise in business uses of social media a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
los angeles, la, lax, california, ca