Event Production Engineer
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 5/12/2022 5:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcasting/Sound/Music Engineering Category
Browse the Theater/Live Events Category
Search for Event Production Engineer jobs in London-UK
Search all Event Production Engineer postings
Full Time Job
This position within the Discovery/Eurosport Sport Technology team is primarily to focus on
planning sporting events and then actioning them onsite as required.
• Provide technical support to Eurosport Production teams during the Planning stages of
• Work collaboratively with Production and other GT&O departments to ensure
requirements are met.
• Design and propose technical solutions as required.
• Ensure all documentation is kept up to date and available to all.
• Provide technical support onsite at events to the Production teams.
• Provide remote onsite technical support and information to other departments.
• Continuous work with regional centres to ensure best practices for regional productions.
• Ensure regional requests and requirements are met.
• Liaise with the onsite Service Provider to ensure satisfactory technical standards are
• Create and update documentation that will be used on the same sport.
• Work within the Sport Technology group to execute improvements in remote events.
• Work on other major events as required.
• Evaluate and assess new technologies and equipment as required.
• Other ad-hoc duties as required.
• Educated to degree level or with proven experience in a Broadcast environment, the
applicant should be a broadcast or network engineer.
• Experience of working on major sporting events is essential and willing to work the anti-
social hours often needed to achieve success.
• A good understanding of the production process and requirements of a sports
• Experience of working with Production departments a necessity.
• Ability to build effective working relationships within and across departments.
• Good working knowledge of both digital and IP broadcast technologies, and their
• Knowledge and understanding of the equipment utilised within the ETT infrastructure.
• Knowledge of and/or experience with SMPTE 2110 and AES 67.? Standard office IT skills – MS Office, MS Visio, or Discovery recommended alternatives.
• Self-motivation and the ability to advance events/projects without supervision are
• The ability to deal with multiple workflows and to identify and prioritise their
responsibilities in a changing environment.
• The successful candidate will be expected to communicate with and meet a wide variety
of people within and outside of the organisation during their career at Discovery/Eurosport; therefore, excellent presentational and communication skills are
• Knowledge of workflows and processes in OTT platforms linear and non-linear and
where that aligns with Discovery .
• Previous experience and use of umbrella control systems such as BNCS is a definite
• System drawing skills an advantage.
• Knowledge or training in project management, and project management tools.
• A familiarity with current and relevant health and safety regulations and training
pertinent to the broadcast environment.