Employer Branding Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/12/2021 7:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Employer Branding Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Employer Branding Manager postings
Full Time Job
It takes an army of incredibly talented, passionate and creative individuals to make this amazing content and the tech that distributes it, and that’s where we come in!
Discovery’s Talent team recruits the best talent the industry has to offer. We pride ourselves on hiring recruiters and researchers who are absolute experts at what they do. Passionate, with a keen eye for talent, well networked and up to date on industry innovations. We’re now adding to our team an Employer Branding Manager, with that same level of passion, dynamism, industry knowledge and ‘get things done’ attitude!
If this sounds like you, keep reading.
We operate in an extremely competitive space. Candidates are highly sought after and want to know the whole story—the company’s mission, its core values, its culture, and vision for the future. Like consumers researching a product before purchasing, top candidates do their research before applying, and in today’s market the brand is more important than the title … They want to know they’ll be doing work that matters, in an environment they’ll love and thrive in. It’s our job to make sure when they’re looking for that dream company, Discovery tops that list!
As employer branding manager across our global DTC business, you’ll partner with the team to brand and market the Discovery Tech business as you would a product. You’ll have an intimate understanding of the tech space and preferably across multiple geographies. You’ll need to understand our customers (tech talent), what excites them and how to attract them. You’ll also need to have an exceptional understanding of our competitive landscape- who we’re up against and why.
Your role will be to partner with the Director of Talent and the wider business to help position Discovery DTC as a top tech employer, with the aim of attracting & engaging the best talent. This is an exciting and diverse role, that touches so many different areas, from virtual and physical presence, to how we market our roles and leverage the profile of our leaders. As such you’ll need to be strategic, thoughtful, but equally hands-on and scrappy. Able to work effectively in an ever-changing environment.
1. Partner with the Director, Talent and business leaders to clearly define our DTC employee value proposition.
2. Understand the Discovery Brand and what makes it special and identify ways to amplify those attributes.
3. Equally, understand the challenges with our brand and work to propose solutions.
4. Identify partners and platforms to help amplify and position our brand among key talent.
5. Know the tech landscape and relevant industry events and ensure Discovery has a presence where beneficial.
6. Consistently keep abreast of trends and changes in the tech space, updating the business and proposing ways to participate where necessary.
7. Build relationships with key internal partners (e.g. comms, wellness and inclusion) to gather internal resources to help build our external narrative.
8. Plan and execute branding and recruiting events on and offsite.
9. Create ongoing and innovative engagement programs to continuously evolve our employer brand.
* Experience in the tech space – recruiting, marketing or employer branding.
* Proven track record in executing successful employer branding/marketing initiatives.
* Established relationships with potential employer branding partners, eg. Platforms or branding organizations.
* Ability to utilize metrics to demonstrate success in building /strengthening a company’s employer branding proposition.
* Experience in using data to tell compelling stories and securing buy-in.
* Strong interpersonal skills, the gravitas to work effectively with a wide range of internal clients and partners of varying levels of seniority.
* Ability to juggle multiple competing priorities, while remaining composed, thorough and detail orientated.
* Resourceful –able to think creatively and cost effectively.
* Excellent research skills- always on top of industry changes and trends.
* The ability to be agile and pivot at short notice.
* Proactive, able to spot future trends and position Discovery to capitalize on these.
* Passionate, proactive, solution orientated, creative and able to think and learn quickly.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States