Employee Experience Assistant
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
Employee Experience Assistant (Contract)
The Employee Experience team encompasses Recruitment, Learning and Development, Lifeworks & Inclusion as well as Operations and fits into the wider People & Culture (human resources) Organization. Our team focuses on the employee lifecycle from the hiring of top talent to cultivating and retaining a high performing, diverse inclusive workforce. We also ensure that the processes in place throughout that lifecycle are best in class.
Our Employee Experience team is looking for a quick and agile, organized and customer service oriented Employee Experience Assistant to join the team. The assistant will be tasked with providing administrative support to the EVP Employee Experience & Operations, VP Global Talent Acquisition and Group VP - Corp Comms LifeWorks & Inclusion. This includes calendar management and scheduling, booking travel, monthly expense reporting and creative projects as assigned. This position has room to gain a broad range of experiences and skills. Our team is quick to provide mentorship and supports team members’ learning and flexing of their skills. The ideal candidate for this role is a doer, they will ace/master the administrative support portion of the job quickly, leaving time to take on more project based tasks with the wider team. This person will embrace a one team mentality and approach each responsibility with a positive attitude.
• Conduct daily administrative tasks - schedule appointments, maintain and update supervisors’ daily calendar, screen calls and respond to internal and external inquiries.
• Schedule, organize and coordinate meetings and facilities; arrange presentations and conferences; prepare documents.
• Arrange travel itineraries including transportation and hotel arrangements, and prepare travel and expense reports.
• Coordinate departmental supplies and initiate order for supplies and materials as needed.
• Provide project support including – research, data compilation, reporting, candidate sourcing and analyses.
Operational Support and Partnership
• Post all open jobs via our applicant tracking system, iCIMS to our careers site daily
• Post jobs to external job boards in consultation with recruiter
• Provide recruitment support and screening of potential DCI entry level employees and interns as needed.
• Prepare and maintain organizational charts for assigned client groups
• Support team across a variety of People & Culture and staffing initiatives including succession planning, leader assimilations, employee survey, metrics, reporting, diversity programs etc
• Partner with People & Culture Management across planning and execution of employee activities to develop and improve morale, team building and performance
• Support People and Culture strategic programs and initiatives and perform other related duties
• Ensure consistent application and compliance with all statutory and Discovery Inc. human resources practices
• Maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 0-2 years of relevant experience in HR
• Maintain confidentiality and interface with employees at all levels of the organization
• Ability to manage complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment and initiative
• Strong people skills, including the ability to work exceptionally well with executives, staff, external associates at all levels, and as part of a larger departmental team
• Positive attitude and the ability to be proactive, resourceful and flexible
• Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated problem solving experience in a process oriented role
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, make decisions and change course of action quickly
• Detail oriented and excellent follow-through skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Approaches work with a strong sense of purpose, competence, authority and compassion
• Regularly applies critical thinking to understanding and resolving issue
• Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP
• Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems
• Candidate sourcing
• Understanding of US employment law
This is a contract position
silver spring, maryland