EMEA Publicity Manager, Factual & Sports
Discovery CommunicationsBucharest, RO
This was removed by the employer on 2/18/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for EMEA Publicity Manager, Factual & Sports jobs in Bucharest-RO
Search all EMEA Publicity Manager, Factual & Sports postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an EMEA Publicity Manager, Factual & Sports? Summary
Location: Romania, Bucharest
Type of employment: 12 month employment contract
Supporting the Sr. Comms Director across program publicity for Factual and Sports brands (Discovery Channel, Science & Eurosport) & corporate communications for CEEMCA (focus on crisis management and internal comms).
The role supports locally based PR Execs to ensure a coordinated approach to PR and Talent Activity – liaising directly with the U.S Nets and Talent Teams. The candidate rolls out publicity campaigns within EMEA to deliver high profile press coverage for the network’s flagship Pay TV channels. Working in line with the EMEA business priorities, the PR Manager has in depth knowledge of the PR needs of the individual regions part of EMEA and collaborates closely with each communications team to achieve their business goals.
The role involves also deep corporate communications know-how, focusing on crisis management and will support the Sr. Director Communications in internal communications for the regions CEEMCA, Russia, Turkey & Middle East & Africa. The candidate will nurture a strong industry network, increase awareness and develop an enviable corporate image by ideation and execution of effective communication, corporate affairs and media relations programs and strategies in the region, with strong focus on CEEMCA region (Central and Eastern Europe, Mediterranean and Central Asia).
This role has 1 direct report as support: Publicity coordinator who is based in Amsterdam. This role is a maternity cover for a minimum period of 1 year, starting as of March.
• Proactively generate talent access opportunities in line with regional priorities and the overall Pay TV and Global Brands Team strategy for EMEA.
• Work collaboratively with the wider Publicity Team (Listings, Photo Operations and other PR team that focusses on Lifestyle & Digital) which is part of the Pay TV and Global Brands Team (Creative, Marketing and Social Media) and regional PR teams to devise compelling, consistent and innovative campaign toolkits.
• Provide advice, support and counsel on PR and talent activity planning across EMEA.
• Build relationships with key PR’s from major networks, production companies and distributors in order to drive maximum value from acquired series
• Organize and manage phoners, press trips- junkets- and other activations for all regions to participate in.
• Work closely and collaboratively with peers in the US Nets and US-based Talent Teams.
• Manage talent in line with Discovery’s contractual obligations and agreements
• Represent Discovery and manage Talent in person to the highest standards if needed.
• Manage requests across different regions ensuring Talent calendar grids are updated on a regular basis.
• Manage the 7 PR agencies in CEEMCA region and collaborate with them
• Represent and enhance the reputation of the company with political and media stakeholders within the region
• Create the strategy and framework of implementation of Corporate, PR and talent activities across CEEMCA (focus on Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia, Bulgaria, Serbia, Slovenia, Ukraine & Baltics) and support the other countries across the expanded region (Middle East and Africa, Turkey, Russia)
• Build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in order to drive the region’s main business priorities within the strategic pillars
• Create and nurture relationships with local and regional key stakeholders in state, corporate and government positions that can influence the course of business and enhance the company’s performance, reputation and image
• Create proper representation within the company to promote the region’s strategy and results
• Support implementation of internal communication across the region, together with main partners
• Select, manage and work closely with PR agencies across the region for implementation and delivery of PR & Corporate Communications strategies
• Manage requests across different regions ensuring PR, corporate affairs and internal communication needs are met
• Take overall responsibility for evaluating, reviewing and reporting on the performance of the initiatives, ensuring that they meet clearly defined objectives and targets
• Articulate, highly organized and proactive, with 5 years’ experience in a media organization or agency, preferably with a major broadcaster or other media company.
• Ideally with a background of a progressive public relations/ corporate affairs position of a fast moving and dynamic business environment
• Proven track record of multi-market management and of a culturally diverse team
• Culturally aware and seeking to develop an international, multicultural environment.
• Demonstration of devising and implementing creative and strategic PR plans.
• Confidence and experience in dealing with high profile talent and agents.
• Ability to build and nurture relationships with talent and key stakeholders.
• Confident, proactive team player who can manage multiple projects.
• Creative approach to their work and the ability to remain calm under pressure
• Excellent written and communication skills in English and local language
• Proven record in organizing (press) events and management of crisis situations involving multiple stakeholders and territories
• Insatiable appetite for factual, sport and entertainment TV and in-depth knowledge of media. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.