Editorial Operations Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/1/2021 7:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Editorial Operations Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Editorial Operations Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Editorial Operations Manager? Position Summary
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery , Discovery’s global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
The Editorial Operations Manager will be responsible for making sure that the content produced by Golf Digest is produced, published, and distributed across all channels.
• Maintain the editorial calendar across all channels, including for large feature packages and tentpoles.
• Facilitate key dates and milestones across teams (ex: photo and video shoot dates, asset and text delivery, communication of sales requirements, etc.)
• Communicate dates and sales requirements to all feature producers
• Maintain the yearly production calendar, which dictates when the magazine goes to print and when the digital edition goes live.
• Ensure that all sales campaigns are launched at correct time and to spec (ex: are videos tagged properly, hub pages built, print and digital edition ads inserted, etc)
• Production of “products” with all metadata added to the site
• Transform print files into Digital Edition, prepare for publication and syndication.
• Manage all freelancers and producers who create the Digital Edition.
• Oversee syndication of Digital Edition to Apple News
• Oversee creation of print stories for golfdigest.com
• Facilitate issue and ad close.
• Create the magazine in K4/Indesign to be sent for printing and distribution.
• Manage entire rights clearance process for all print assets (Discovery Legal?)
• Prepare and submit all print files to be archived after publication.
• Uploading print files for international partners.
* 2 years of experience in digital production, ad operations, ad technology, or other relevant media/advertising/technology field.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Solid understanding of digital ad products, publishing, and media services.
* Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Extremely detail oriented.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and activities simultaneously.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.