Discovery Marketing Manager
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 5/22/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Discovery Marketing Manager jobs in London-UK
Search all Discovery Marketing Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Discovery Marketing Manager?
Full Time Job
As the complexity of the Discovery ecosystem increases so do the needs of marketing. The pivot to SVOD adds complexity and greater accountability to the marketing function with data playing an ever-important role.
This role will be responsible for devising, planning and executing activities across the full marketing funnel building awareness, driving growth and retaining customers within discovery
This role will report to the Snr Marcomms Director and will have an integral role across multiple teams pulling together the broader reaching plans for discovery ensuring the service has a data driven 360 integrated plan. The role will work with the Digital / Social Producers, Editorial and Publicity team, Product team, Central Growth Marketing team and MSA team to optimise performance throughout the funnel. The role has one direct report: Marketing Executive.
This position will be responsible for developing and implementing full funnel D2C consumer marketing plans with a focus on paid growth performance marketing. They will execute marketing strategies to drive awareness, build audiences in accordance with the digital KPIs, lead generation and consideration, accelerate acquisition and then work with the broader central teams on retention campaigns across CRM.
The role will work across a broad online media mix, such as: TV, VOD, Radio, OOH, Social, SEM, display, affiliate, content discovery platforms, Apple search, Google UAC plus taking on any new channels that present a growth opportunity.
Marketing – innovative, exciting and creative
• Write compelling creative briefs and manage the creative process with the in-house creative team.
• Liaise with the Central teams on the development of all digital activities, which support the UK marketing plan.
• Drive campaigns from planning to execution and beyond to meet key performance metrics.
• Design and deliver acquisition, promotional and lifecycle strategy: responsible for new subscriber growth and retention.
• Managing acquisition efficiency, attribution modeling and organic growth through referral in hand with central teams.
• Understand the reporting and optimization of wider business KPI’s including Lifetime value (LTV), Cost per Acquisition (CPA), Lifetime revenue (LTR), Return on investment (ROI)
• Understand the impact of churn and work with retention teams to minimise effect across the service.
• Work with the MSA & Central team to constantly optimise marketing activities to improve return on investment.
• Understanding of allocation of budgets and analyse and recommend modifications to ad spends.
• Collaborate with marketing teams to guide A/B creative tests, incrementality tests, and spend scaling tests on campaigns online and offline to identify what works best
• Test new channels and trends and report back on proposed next steps
• Work closely with the Central and MSA team to optimise marketing budgets to maximise CPA and efficiently scale new customers.
• Manage third party agency relationships.
• Know our viewers and our competitors both in the broadcast and digital space
• Keep across data driven insights and ensure trackers are updated. Work with research and our media agency to summarise competitive activity on an on-going basis.
Planning – targeted, strategic and to budget
• Pull together project plans and schematics which track marketing activity across the funnel.
• With support from the marketing exec & central team, collate and summarise US & International marketing materials to ensure we maximise marketing synergies and learnings.
• Manage the day-to-day relationship with marketing agencies and brief creative and media on the development, production and implementation of marketing activities.
Measuring Success – keeping Marketing activity on target and on budget.
• Post campaign analysis for the key priorities
• A deep understanding on the business KPI’s and how they apply to the d marketing plan.
• Update budget tracker
• Liaise with Media science team regularly on reporting needs
Synergy – building relationships across Discovery
• Working closely with the other functional groups; PR, Social, Editorial, Commercial, Scheduling and other teams to create integrated campaigns that support discovery
• Working closely with the central teams (Marketing and Creative) to ensure campaign activity is managed and delivered in accordance with the project briefs.
• Work seamlessly with the Central performance team and MSA media buyers to ensure a dynamic agile team delivering an optimised performance campaign throughout the funnel.
• Work in tandem with the central growth team providing a holistic view on our full funnel, our show priorities and a local market filter on the central plan.
• Ensure integration is seamless and consistent with digital, on-air, PR and social media disciplines.
• Manage and support the production of sales materials for revenue-generating departments, including reels, marketing collateral, presentations and premiums.
• Manage, co-ordinate and execute special events together with sales departments and agencies.
• Strong marketing experience ideally with an SVOD environment and prior performance marketing exposure.
• Degree educated and Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma
• An understanding of the broadcast and SVOD environment and the working practices within a multi-channel multi-platform business.
A Digital native that thrives in a fast-paced environment. They must be data driven; customer centric and show initiative. In an ever-changing environment the position requires someone that is agile and can work flexibly across cross-functional teams with strong communication skills.
An outcome-oriented and insight-driven growth marketer with a passion for lifecycle marketing.
Strategic thinker – Working with the Snr Marcomms Director, input into the strategic direction of various marketing channels let by data insight.
Decision maker - demonstrate a thorough understanding of key performance metrics on various channels. Be highly driven with quick decision-making skills.
Analytical & Technical understanding - Exposure to data visualization and reporting tools, such as Tableau, is a plus
• Keeping abreast of emerging technologies and developments in the digital industry
• An understanding of data tracking requirements and ability to work with the analytics and product team to ensure all end-to-end requitements are implemented correctly.
• Work in collaboration with the central, MSA & analytics team to glean insights to make campaign recommendations.
• Help develop creative marketing acquisition tactics and apply a/b creative testing suggestions
• Oversee the day-to-day management of the marketing budget.
Communicative & Collaborative – Builds relationships effectively across teams and various levels of the organization.
• collaborate with the design team to produce channel-appropriate campaign briefs and creative assets.
• Engages colleagues across the organisation and learns from them to optimise performance
• Enthusiast that is always learning and shares this passion across the wider teams
• Keeps people informed of the department’s work and persuades others to support ideas and plans