Director Technical Facility Design
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/6/2020 9:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director Technical Facility Design jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director Technical Facility Design postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director Technical Facility Design? The Director Technical Design is responsible for technical, financial and analytical leadership related to the strategic planning, design, construction, outfitting and operation of the company’s mission-critical facilities and commercial office spaces with particular emphasis on the electrical, mechanical, and inside plant (rack & structured cabling) infrastructures that support the company’s information technology (IT), production, post production, broadcast and transmission systems.
1. Participates in strategic planning sessions; establishes architectural requirements coordinated with electrical / mechanical infrastructures in support of: facility design and construction efforts; the insertion of new technologies; and improvements in system reliability to ensure business continuity.
2. Maintains knowledge of current industry-wide trends and their potential impact or application to the business.
3. Provides leadership, direction and consultation to department, other Discovery groups and divisions, and multiple cross-functional project teams of internal and external resources (architects, engineers, project managers, consultants, attorneys, contractors, sales representatives, distributors, equipment manufacturers, vendors, etc.) to achieve company goals.
4. Interacts, collaborates and consults with senior management from multiple functional groups, departments, divisions and offices on a daily basis re strategic initiatives and decisions re major projects and operational issues.
5. Provides overall direction for the Technical Facility design & implementation team. This includes: effectively evaluating multiple customer requests within the context of business objectives and maximizing the utilization of resources; scoping projects and estimating resources needed to achieve project objectives; developing and monitoring project schedules to ensure the timely completion of projects; developing department technical, analytical, and professional resources.
6. In close consultation with the VP, establishes departmental vision, values, goals, objectives, policies, processes and procedures.
7. Oversees individual contributors, providing goals, guidance and feedback.
8. Screens projects based on cost/benefit criteria, develops implementation strategies, and provides accountability for completing projects on time and within budget.
9. Participates in the development of annual capital and expense budgets.
10. Reviews and / or prepares project plans, budgets, schedules and performance measures including financial statements and progress reports to ensure both departmental and overall project efficiencies.
11. Develops Communication Plans for special project rollouts, outages and major initiatives.
12. Reviews and approves Construction Documents (CD’s), specifications, Statements of Work (SOW’s), Requests for Proposals (RFP’s), Purchase Requisitions, bids and invoices to ensure the implementation of best technical and cost effective solutions.
13. Provides technical presentations as required.
14. Negotiates contract pricing, terms and conditions; manages vendor technical, cost and schedule performance; and reviews vendor deliverables for quality and compliance.
15. Develops performance metrics, identifies trends, and collaborates with senior management in other functional groups to: ensure, maintain and improve system reliability and availability; and reduce support issues.
16. Utilizes knowledge and experience in design, construction, commissioning, outfitting and operation of technically complex, high availability, 24x7 mission critical, television (TV) and information technology (IT) facilities and electrical, mechanical and inside plant (rack & structured cabling) infrastructures.
17. Establishes and oversees the application of standard practices, processes, procedures and conventions to ensure the highest levels of quality, integrity, and interoperability among diverse facilities.
* B.S. in Architecture; or an equivalent combination of skills, training and experience. Advanced degree and Architectural Registration (RA) preferred.
* A minimum of 15 years of detailed design and full lifecycle project management experience applicable to the design, construction and operation of technically complex, high availability, 24x7, mission critical, television (TV) and information technology (IT) facilities and electrical, mechanical and inside plant (rack & structured cabling) infrastructures.
* Minimum of 7 years management responsibility.
* Ideal candidate will have strong practical and theoretical knowledge of: architectural design, mechanical / electrical / plumbing (MEP) coordination and construction management.
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and advanced AutoCAD skills a plus.
* Experience establishing and implementing effective business processes and standard operating procedures.
* A high level of initiative, customer focus, aptitude for learning.
* Detail oriented with exceptional follow-up skills.
* Clear and concise written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to travel once a month to domestic or international locations.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.