Director - Talent and Strategy
Discovery CommunicationsWest Hollywood, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/14/2021 11:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director - Talent and Strategy jobs in West Hollywood-CA
Search all Director - Talent and Strategy postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director - Talent and Strategy?
Full Time Job
Global Talent Management & Operations (GTMO) is the connective tissue between onscreen scripted and unscripted on-camera Talent and the global businesses of Discovery Inc.
As the Talent's key relationship holder with Discovery Inc, GTMO strategically manages relationships with Talent, their representatives, production and internal clients to onboard, coach, advocate, enhance, prioritize and leverage the Talent to drive business value for subscriptions, ratings, revenue, relationships, renewals and brands, and effectively and efficiently manage their business strategy, leverage Talent across content and promotions, prioritize their activities outside of Production, and optimize global operations.
Working collaboratively as part of GTMO, Global Casting secures high profile celebrities for organic social, robust fan engagement and content by engaging strategic partners and content creators to strengthen and broaden relationships to usher in prestige projects, and raise the bar and cache of our brands and celebrities.
The Director of Global Talent Management for OWN and Global Casting position is a seasoned executive with deep contacts and connections across the entertainment industry, including music, film, TV, DTC, influencers, scripted TV studios, etc., who understands diverse audiences and content in order to identify high-profile Talent and celebrities, leverage those relationships for mutual benefit of Talent and company, identify projects and content that are a fit, review and evaluate scripted casting reels, participate in scripted casting discussions, and deliver celebrities and emerging Talent for priority content, events, VO, etc.
This position also serves to manage Talent on OWN, advise the brand on all Talent and celebrity related issues, book celebrities, manage scripted Talent, trouble-shoot celebrity and Talent issues, and focus on the business of celebrity and Talent branding to maximize opportunities worldwide.
• Identify celebrities and high-profile Talent to leverage relationships for mutual benefit of Talent and company
• Book celebrities for compelling content
• Understand diverse audiences and content in order to bring, bridge and deliver inclusive storytellers, storytelling and celebrities and high-profile Talent
• Manages scripted and unscripted Talent for on camera and VO
• Works on social impact campaigns and helping with initiatives and securing Talent for them
• Reviews and evaluates scripted casting reels and participating in scripted casting discussions
• Understand and track emerging Talent for company projects
• Identify projects and content that are a fit for brands, especially OWN
• Engage internally to identify celebrities and high-profile Talent to support company priorities on social media platforms, at events, in content, etc.
• Secure Talent for priority content, corporate initiatives, keynotes, guests, etc
• Engage and bring original ideas to the table
• Serve as point person and strategic counsel to key executives and external producers in connection with Global Talent Management, Talent business strategy, and issue resolution.
• Actively engage OWN Talent very early on and build and maintain personal and business relationships, providing on-going guidance and management.
• Understand the Talent inside and out - deal terms, personalities, interests, likes, dislikes, skills, expertise, etc., and apply such knowledge to successfully execute responsibilities.
• Work closely with and build relationships with relevant internal (e.g., executive producers) and external parties (e.g., production companies, scripted studios, Talent representatives) to ensure a 360 degree Talent management strategy.
• Manage and troubleshoot potential OWN Talent crisis, including personality driven concerns and contractual situations, before, during and after a Talent crisis to protect relationships with Talent/representatives and company's interests.
• Accompany and manage OWN Talent and celebrities at company related activities and events
• Screen, counsel and provide direction for all OWN Talent related requests both internal and external while understanding and assessing competing business priorities to leverage access to Talent globally.
• Work in a matrixed fashion to develop a business plan to manage and maximize the Talent's brand.
• Manage OWN Talents' schedules comprehensively across the company to ensure deliverables and key business strategies are achieved.
• Identify and recommend specific short and long term business strategies and opportunities for Talent that match the network's interests to maximize Talent contracts, effectively utilize resources, and increase the profile of Talent while driving ratings, subscriptions and revenue.
• Secure Talent's buy-in on such strategies/opportunities and manage approach to Talent to guarantee contractual compliance, manage expectations, and ensure successful execution of plans.
• 10 years of experience in the entertainment industry, especially with scripted Talent
• Proven successful track record casting for on screen and VO
• Demonstrated success with celebrity booking
• Managing and engaging high level, on-air Talent in scripted environment
• Understanding of diverse audiences and content
• Experience reviewing and evaluating scripted casting reels and participating in scripted casting discussions
• Thorough knowledge of all areas of Talent business, including an extensive knowledge of Talent contractual terms
• Knowledge of the top Talent agencies and management firms in the industry and relationships at such agencies/firms
• A proven ability to exemplify calm and composure while handling Talent in a crisis situation
• Excellent verbal and written communications.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a very high-volume workload.
• Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to take the initiative, be strategic, make firm decisions, and offer a high level of client service