Director, Project Management
Discovery CommunicationsWoodway, TX
Full Time Job
The Director of Project Management is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day scheduling and workflow of all brand marketing assets for the Magnolia Network. This includes creative projects assigned to print/digital designers, writers, on-air producers and motion designers. This organized multi-tasker will help manage the flow of various Brand Creative projects and video deliverables through all phases of production - from inception to delivery.
• Support Head of Brand Creative, Creative Director and Art Director with project support as needed.
• Manage incoming project requests and work with Brand Creative team to assign projects to producers, designers, freelance resources and production partners.
• Oversee special projects and help support team with their day-to-day responsibilities.
• Negotiate project budgets.
• Manage invoice processing.
• Create and manage project timelines.
• Manage and schedule project meetings.
• Coordinate/Organize/Acquire/Gather/Distribute needed assets to internal and external producers.
• Assist Creative Director/Producers with any footage/asset requests.
• Manage workflow on all formats in addition, Quality Control deliverables/content.
• Coordinate/Organize/Archive shoot footage and graphic packages.
• Proficient in formats/specs needed for deliveries.
• BS/BA in Communications or related experiences at a Network or Entertainment Company.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is an expert in prioritization.
• Exceptional time management and anticipatory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter can work independently and collaboratively.
• Knowledge of video codecs and platforms.
• Experience with Promo Alley or Project Management Software a plus.
• Positive Attitude.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.