Director Product Growth
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Discovery, our mission is to serve passionate fans with products, platforms and experiences that inspire, inform and entertain through industry leading content and deeply trusted & beloved brands.
Discovery Digital Products is a fast-paced, innovative design, product and technology group that designs and builds industry leading products, platforms and experiences. What makes us unique from the rest of the burgeoning entertainment technology world is that we have award-winning content, work with a wide range of creators, and have the backing of a world leading Global Media Company.
As Director Product Growth, you will define and drive the vision, strategy and value for customer growth, acquisition within both current and future product ecosystems and consumer experiences. Your role as a product leader drives product experiences that engage, delight and resonate with new and existing fans of Discovery, HGTV, Food Network, Travel Channel, Science, ID, OWN and more. Additionally, you will work with cross-functional teams to identify new technologies and opportunities within CRM, advertising and monetization, video and metadata. You will thrive in a customer focused, customer obsessed environment using research and data to design experiences people love. You will lead and motivate dedicated, cross-functional Agile product teams by communicating vision, defining stories, prioritizing, and coordinating regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
At Discovery, we’re looking for leaders, innovators and creative problem solvers who are passionate about their work, and are driven to engage, entertain and delight the millions of users who visit our digital properties every day. If you want to work on the future of media alongside amazingly talented colleagues, then this is the place for you.
This role is a Full Time Staff Position that will work on-site in our offices at New York, NY.
1. Define, articulate, and advocate product vision/strategy and roadmaps that will support multiple product lines and use cases across mobile, web, connected, and conversational experiences.
2. Lead teams of product managers, designers, data scientist and engineers to deliver flexible, scalable, high-performing consumer platforms that result in real customer and business value.
3. Partner with business and product marketing to support/inform their priorities and roadmaps.
4. Present concepts, POCs, strategies and goals effectively to Mid & Senior Level Executives.
5. Demonstrate proven experience with successful multi-platform products and project delivery.
6. Manage complex products and project plans with multiple work streams & dependencies.
7. Drive Design Thinking Practices throughout Product, Business & Marketing Teams.
8. Define and build consensus on meaningful metrics for customer and business success.
9. Define opportunities through product discovery, rapid experimentation and A/B testing.
10. Author use cases, epics, stories and build shared prioritization, features and product backlog.
11. Identify gaps and anticipate risks; take actions to address design risks & determine solutions.
12. Ensure communication and transparency by partnering with internal cross-functional teams.
13. Demonstrate the highest standards - through clear direction to teams, stakeholders, & clients.
14. Inspire/mentor others on design teams and other creative teams within the organization.
* 10 years of experience as Product, Design, or Sr. Product Leader within a large-scale consumer facing organization, agency or multi-platform product company.
* 7 years experience leading product and technical teams with connected product experiences.
* 5 years experience with data, personalization & advanced video and/or advertising systems.
* MBA or Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Product or Interactive Design, HCI and/or Cognitive Psychology (OR) combined work experience with human factors training.
* Experience managing high performance teams of 10 across multiple locations and skillsets.
* Deep knowledge and experience in Mobile, Living Room & Connected Product Environments
* Extensive knowledge of data and personalization, video, advertising and CRM products, platforms, and services – including AI, Machine Learning and Metadata driven systems.
* Hands on experience with variety of user research techniques including user testing, personas, user tasks and scenarios, internal and external user interviews.
* Hands on team player that can work easily with multiple stakeholders including Design, Product, Engineering, Data & Research, Project Management, Marketing, Business and Sales.
* Proven track record successfully creating and managing global products, platforms & services.
* Experience navigating large organizations, developing collaborative relationship and influencing across various partner groups.
* Technical fluency in areas including streaming data, data analytics, machine learning, and general software design and development
* Exceptional leadership skills, team building, management, & people development experience.
* Comfort operating in a fast-paced dynamic environment and managing change.
* Excellent oral and written skills, and able to present to small or large groups of people including Design, Marketing, Production, Product Teams, and Executive Stakeholders.
* Uncanny drive and passion to deliver the best experience for consumers and proven track record to deliver compelling, innovative and award-winning user and product experiences.
* Consumer Electronics, Entertainment & Lifestyle Product experience are big plusses.
* Strong history of success showcasing broad range of products and services are a must.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY