Director - Partner Settlements
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Director – Partner Settlements for Discovery Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) will manage the ongoing operation of Partner agreements for Discovery DTC working with a team reporting to the CFO of Global Digital DTC.
The Discovery DTC portfolio includes a number of businesses that focus on key consumer passion groups, including Discovery , Discovery's Go TV Everywhere product, Food Network Kitchen, MotorTrend, Eurosport Player, Discovery Golf/PGA Tour business, the Global Cycling Network and others.
The DTC business is constantly growing, and the position will support the strategy of the business by assuring that partner agreements are well managed and deliver the expected revenue.
What you will be doing:
• Lead a Go to Market Process to assure that
• As commercial negotiations are happening, assure that terms associated with financial transactions are clear and executable
• All financial teams (Accounting, FP&A, Tax and Audit) are aware of the contract and have provided input if needed
• Act as the primary point of contact with partners for all financial matters.
• Manage a team to execute a standard process to
• Assure that all contract terms have an assigned team/individual to execute compliance
• Negotiate a reporting process with partners
• Monitor financial reporting to assure that Discovery is being paid properly
• Negotiate with partners when records are materially inconsistent
• Monitor compliance to assure that all required contractual terms are being met.
• Participate on all partner related project teams.
What you need to have:
• A strong ability to interpret complex contract language required.
• A combination of education, training, skills and experience in technical areas related to contract management, ideally in a fast paced digital or direct to consumer environment
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering, Marketing or equivalent skills.
• Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
• Ability to communicate and build relationships with all functional areas of the organization.
• Ability to handle multiple fast moving projects simultaneously, work independently, and a strong attention to detail a must.
• Self-starter with willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
• Demonstrated leadership skills
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville