Director, Partner Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
This was removed by the employer on 12/13/2019 9:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Partner Marketing jobs in Silver Spring-MD
Search all Director, Partner Marketing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Partner Marketing? The Director role is responsible for leading the development of strategic and innovative multi-platform marketing initiatives that support Domestic Distribution objectives, network goals and the key priorities of distribution partners in the cable, satellite and telco communities. Serves as marketing lead for assigned portfolio of cable, satellite, telco and digital distribution accounts, as well as liaison for client Local Ad Sales units. This position has oversight of the affiliate loyalty incentive program and the affiliate website.
1. Identify and evaluate key marketplace trends and seek opportunities to create unique partnerships and marketing offerings that drive value for both Discovery Inc. and assigned portfolio of distribution partners in order to maintain a competitive leadership position in the marketplace.
2. Work with VP, Partner Marketing and Brand Managers to support all major channel programming initiatives by developing creative marketing strategies and campaigns that drive distribution goals, enhance Discovery Inc. brands with distribution partners/viewers and deliver tune-in to help drive ratings.
3. Manage vendor relationships and the roadmap for the affiliate website. Define website strategy and oversee enhancements and updates, from inception to build (including design, development, QA and content management strategy). Continuously refresh content/design strategies to provide on-going value to discoveryaffiliate.com visitors.
4. Responsible for the affiliate Real Rewards loyalty incentive program. Plan, sell-in and administer key promotional programs as well as the ongoing evergreen program in an effort to drive unpaid media value for programming priorities. Oversee planning, and ongoing monitoring of the program.
5. Provide strategic thinking and leadership insight to help bolster Discovery Inc.’s position in renewal negotiations. Devise marketing plans and tactics that showcase the Discovery portfolio’s brand strength and value through a variety of marketing channels, for value-building and dispute phases.
6. Supervise the work of Manager, Distribution Marketing and Marketing Specialist, Distribution Marketing. Provide leadership insight, strategic thinking, conceptual development and creative direction to the team. Lead and motivate team to create and execute multi-faceted marketing and local ad sales campaigns and affiliate-facing promotional materials that meet the business needs of Domestic Distribution and our affiliates.
7. Oversee affiliate communications including newsletters, toolkits, and Real Rewards promotions. Participate in the development of customized sales tools and client presentations to drive partner engagement efforts and brand affinity.
8. Establish and maintain effective relationships with senior affiliate corporate marketing clients; have a thorough knowledge of each distribution partners’ marketing priorities and challenges in order to understand how best to leverage Discovery Inc. assets. Leverage relationships and learning in support of content distribution objectives and contractual issues.
9. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the local and national marketing strategies for affiliate products and services including but not limited to basic cable, digital cable, high-definition, video-on-demand, online, TV Everywhere, Spanish-language, broadband, telephony, etc. Share knowledge internally with cross-functional marketing support teams and provide strategic input on how to assist affiliates achieve their sales and marketing objectives by leveraging Discovery Inc. assets.
10. Build proactive, collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders and vendors / agencies in order to optimize and ensure partnership and clear lines of communication for the prioritization, development, execution, measurement and merchandising of partner marketing campaigns.
11. Direct execution of special projects as assigned by senior management, based on current distribution goals.
12. Continually merchandise all key marketing activity to senior management both internally and externally.
* 4-year degree required; MBA and experience in brand management and multiplatform marketing a plus
* 8 years of experience in marketing, sales, and/or account management with 4 years in a client facing role; cable television experience strongly preferred
* Ability to think strategically, assess opportunities, and translate business objectives into actionable marketing campaigns that deliver measurable results
* Thorough working knowledge of the cable television industry including programmer/affiliate relationships, marketing practices, and business trends
* Must be an innovative thinker with excellent presentation and communication (internal/external and written/verbal) skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment and manage at all levels of a matrix organization
* Candidate should be a strong leader with core competencies in project management, attention to detail, managing diverse workload under tight deadlines and team development
* Must be willing to travel (approximately 75%)
* Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.