Director Of Production and Development
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Supervising Producer, Post Production, Discovery Creative & Production (DC&P), will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Reload & Re-version team’s output for all 600 hours of content produced across the family of Discovery Networks. Including but not limited to oversight of graphics and creative workflow, Discovery Global Technical Operations (GTO) media managers, schedulers, Knoxville-based scheduler and all ingestion of raw materials.
In this role he or she will liaise with Knoxville, New York and LA-based animators, producers, schedulers, editors and network partner Executive Producer (EP) and Production Company contacts. Reporting into the Executive Producer for Reloads & Re-versioned content this role will become the right hand of EP focusing specifically on Knoxville production for Reloads & Re-versions but with an eye toward activities in New York, Los Angeles and Silver Spring on an as needed basis. When necessary the Supervising Producer will also oversee and liaise with internal and external producers and live action field teams on footage and asset delivery and finishing.
The Supervising Producer, Post Production will work across all networks and creative partners company-wide and must have an understanding of a variety of workflows and formats for both digital and standard cable delivery. He or she will oversee the master delivery schedule and workflow specifically for Knoxville all DC&P re-versioned content to support the EP with creative management of freelance staff, delivery, vetting and hiring of editors, animators and budgeting on an as needed basis. Knoxville based scheduler with report directly into this role.
The Supervising Producer, Post Production will have direct management of freelance producers’ animators and editors to maintain quality control, creative insights and direction as approved by EP, VP and network partners. In this role he or she will be the face of post- production hub and delegate and manage all requests, media management, post staffing and budget consultation with VP, EP and production managers both staff and freelance. This will include, best practices, oversight of staff, vetting and hiring editors, and liaising directly with on ground scheduler based in Knoxville.
This position will be based in Knoxville, TN.
1. Oversight of master scheduler in Knoxville, with key projects based in SS and NY.
2. Work directly with GTO contacts in NY and Knoxville to vet, hire, and supervise Editors, Producers, Writers and other staff as needed.
3. Work directly with team leader, production managers and location teams to schedule workload for all, staff, and freelance producers, AP’s, editors and support staff. Emphasis on Knoxville based post production.
4. Schedule and manage all final approvals as designated by EP and VP with Knoxville as primary focus.
5. Work directly with GTO teams and location schedule teams to manage ingest, archive, and deletion of all Reload and Reversion media on an as needed basis
6. Work with EP and PM teams to track DC&P Reload and Reversion team costs and budgets on an as needed basis
7. Guide GTO contacts and DC&P support team’s media ingest and archive workflows and general best practices
8. Liaise with Knoxville and LA design and animation teams as well as individual project producers both freelance and staff to generate necessary graphics, animation and design for projects
9. Establish best practices with graphics and design teams for seamless timely delivery of all graphic needs
10. Oversee teams liaising with outside vendors in Knoxville, NY, and global partners on to gather digital, linear and archival footage, masters and archived material needed for creative post creative execution.
11. Assist EP with onboarding new freelancers and working with production management teams to get them into YOH system and on payroll
* At least 10 years of production with focus on re-versioned content and post-production creative workflow
* Must be a team player
* In depth knowledge of film/video design, animation, editorial, post-production and live action
* Experience working with editorial workflow for tight turn short and long form projects
* Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment and able to work on multiple projects, in various stages of post simultaneously
* Ability to perform under pressure
* Integrity, strong organizational skills and attention to detail a must
* Familiarity with internal Discovery footage archives and management systems a plus
* Experience managing of personnel and managing a revolving every changing of support staff
* Understanding of budgets, costs associated with re-versions and post-production-based content for linear and digital delivery.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN