Director Of Insights & Analytics
Discovery CommunicationsSao Paulo, SP
Full Time Job
The Director of Consumer Insights and Analytics will have considerable research experience with television and non-linear media brands.
The role requires knowledge of audience behavior across various platforms, industry measurement challenges and alternatives, and ability to create & tell stories driven by data insights that will build upon and/or lead to meaningful business strategy and direction. This person will be tasked with building strong collaborative relationships across local research, content and sales teams.
• Provide insight driven analysis on market & consumer trends.
• Leverage analytical tools, syndicated research and audience measurement tools to derive insights that will help gain a greater understanding of our consumer.
• Work closely with the content team on providing insights that will help program Discovery’s linear and non-linear offering.
• Work closely with sales teams to optimally position Discovery’s linear and non-linear offering using viewership data, syndicated data resources, and proprietary custom research studies.
• Ideate innovative research studies that bring our audience to life in new ways and create opportunities to differentiate our content and consumers vs our competitors.
• Proactively share and present research findings both internally and externally.
• Drive an understanding of metrics and use analytics to inform the digital strategy on streams, watch-time, engagement and find trends that help inform programming cross platform.
• Be a multiplatform expert, staying current with product updates, across social media platforms, TVE/VOD, websites, search and emerging platforms.
• Requires 6 years market research experience, with a minimum of 3 years in digital audience/media research.
• Strong analytical and strategic skills.
• Education – Minimum bachelor’s degree (preferred undergraduate majors include computer science, psychology, mathematics, marketing, communications/media)
• Hands-on experience with Kantar/IBOPE, Comscore, Google Analytics, and Facebook Insights data, as well as, data management is a must.
• Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated track record in analyzing and interpreting research from a variety of sources with the ability to tell a story from this information that helps drive strategic decisions.
• Strong presentation skills – ability to tailor their story to the right audience.
• Strong communication and project management skills are essential.
• Research experience in Latin America or US Hispanic strongly preferred.
• Demonstrate a “self-starter” mentality
• Work as a team player.