Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/26/2023 12:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Labs jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Labs postings
Full Time Job
Every great story has a new beginning.
We're excited to announce that Discovery and WarnerMedia have combined to become Warner Bros. Discovery. We're a premier global media and entertainment company offering audiences the world's most differentiated and complete portfolio of content, brands and franchises across television, film, sports, news, streaming and gaming. Our mission is simple. To be the world's best storytellers with world-class products for consumers.
From brilliant creatives to technology trailblazers and beyond, join us as we step into the next chapter.
Warner Bros. Discovery's DTC technology and product organization sits at the intersection of tech, entertainment, and everyday utility. We are continuously leveraging new technology to build immersive and interactive viewing experiences. Our platform covers everything from search, catalog, and video transcoding, to personalization, global subscriptions, and more. We are committed to delivering quality user experiences, ranging from video streaming to applications across connected TV, mobile, web and consoles. As a pure tech organization, we are essential to Warner Bros. Discovery’s continued growth, building world-class products from the ground-up for our iconic brands like HBO Max, Discovery Channel, CNN, Food Network, HGTV, Eurosport, MotorTrend, and many more.
We are hiring a Software Engineering Leader to join our team. As the leader directing this area, you will focus on the challenges of delivering high-scale APIs and data processing flows. If you have a passion for microservices, are interested in a/b testing and feature flagging, and care about making it easier to to make data-driven decisions, we'd love to talk to you!
• You understand a broad range of computer science concepts, and know how, when, and when not to use them. You can dive deep into a wide range of technical problems offering suggestions and feedback to your team. Your interest in computer science has not faded as you moved into a leadership role and you are still comfortable with technical details.
• Your written and verbal communication skills are top notch. You can distill key points out of complex technical descriptions to share with non-technical stakeholders, adapting your language and style of communication depending on the audience. You communicate through data, dates, and facts using emotion judiciously to motivate and inspire.
• You lead by example and do not consider yourself above individual contributor work. You are comfortable teaching best practices by showing people, not just telling people. Teams follow your lead because you are an inspirational leader, because you are right, and because you can show everyone high quality examples of your own work.
• You have demonstrated that you can manage multiple teams, or an area of strategic importance and significant impact. You are able to work effectively through other managers reporting to you.
• You influence teams and groups outside your wider organization with your deep insight and strategic thinking.
• You have participated in strategic planning and demonstrated good judgment in setting and delivering against strategic goals for your team. You are able to drive outcomes using key performance indicator goals within your team rather than dictating specific deliverables.
• You have demonstrated the ability to make great hiring decisions as is evidenced by the performance of engineers and managers on your team, and you are able to retain and develop the best engineers and managers. You have mentored and managed other engineering managers successfully. Your team is capable and autonomous without your continuous oversight and decision making as a result of your coaching of your own managers.
• You create a culture of innovation, encouraging your team members to find new and better ways to
• 7 years leading and managing a software development team (providing coaching, mentoring, setting goals, and recruiting talent).
• Programming & domain experience working with cloud-based, microservice architectures
• Hands-on expertise in disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of large-scale application architecture, design, implementation and performance tuning.
• Experience in modern DevOps/SRE practices such as CI/CD, performance monitoring & incident management
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $181,797 -$337,623 salary per year.
Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Discovery requires vaccination for employment consideration, except where prohibited by law. Discovery will consider requests for exemption from this requirement upon an offer of employment. Employees with approved exemptions due to health or religious reasons must abide by weekly rigorous COVID-19 testing protocols.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Transparency In Coverage
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com