Director, International Ad Sales
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The International Ad Sales team is looking for a person responsible for driving and maximizing ad sales revenue through US/North American brand and client specific solutions utilizing all international assets (primarily Eurosport in Europe and APAC and Discovery in Europe, Asia & Middle East) with a focus on network, digital, and marketing solutions. This person will be responsible for driving revenue for Discovery international and Eurosport in addition to all our other digital properties. The Director is also responsible for building awareness and excitement for our Brand Story.
Based in New York Discovery offices, the person will report to Paris although fulling integrated within Discovery US Ad Sales division
1. Lead integrated sales strategy for the US/Canada market linear and digital.
2. Develop and maintain high level client/advertising agency business, including growth of key accounts and new business. Steward campaigns from selling- into- the-objective at pre-sale, to monitoring and optimizing campaign delivery, to post-sales wrap decks and renewal in the US market. Responsible for client service and administrative aspects of account management, with support from Paris-based team.
3. Must successfully interface with US Ad Sales division in order to optimize Sales process and generate incremental revenues outside the US
4. Develop content and multi-platform solutions for the marketplace and for specific clients
5. Be an external brand ambassador for client/agency meetings/presentations
6. Utilize network knowledge to identify key sales opportunities to further drive revenue
7. Communicate sales’ needs in the shaping of network decisions
8. Build strong external and internal relationships
9. Position entails prospecting, setting up meetings, and making high level client and agency calls within US/Canada territories
10. Linear and Digital Revenue oversight of the US market
11. Provide thought leadership, share best practices and consult with key stakeholders and other internal teams to share best practices across Discovery Inc.
* Candidate must have 6-8 years of ad sales experience including digital sales, for large international media companies.
* Candidate must be a leader who thinks about big ideas, who is proactive, creative, solutions-focused
* Must be agile and eager to work within a multi cultural environment
* Strong conceptual selling skills and the ability to position these deals against competing international media entities, as well as other advertising vehicles.
* Must possess innovation to creatively execute company goals and directions.
* Must have a passion for the web-native space (ie, video born on the web, for a digital-native audience)
* Regular travel necessary, including international. NY based role, manager based in Paris, France.
* BA degree or equivalent required, Master’s Degree preferred.
* Knowledge of international sports is a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
* Must have strong contacts in the NY/US marketplace, especially with advertisers.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY