Director - Integrated Ad Sales Mktg
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Join Discovery’s Ad Sales Marketing team whose mission is to build a best in class cross-platform marketing organization that is revered by our clients and sales for our ability to connect ideas, innovation and insights to achieve our client’s goals and maximize revenue. The Ad Sales Marketing team is responsible for assisting in the development and execution of cross-platform marketing programs created for National Advertisers. This role will also have an opportunity to work on key initiatives across Discovery’s US networks which include: HGTV, ID, Animal Planet, DIY Network, Food Network, TLC, OWN, Cooking Channel, Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, Science & Motor Trend Network.
This is a team of doers that empowers one another, approaches projects with optimism and purpose and challenges the status quo. We are seeking strategic visionaries, thinkers, and TV/digital lovers who want to be a part of crafting the future of television and entertainment
1. Develop & manage relationships across sales, brand and external stakeholder teams and lead the development of complex multiplatform RFP responses.
2. Supports sales strategy by supporting the creation and implementation of goals, priorities and operations of the ASM team.
3. Develops plans and processes that delivers results in ever-changing business landscape
4. Ability to influence across a complex/ matrixed environment to ensure all efforts are in alignment with the greater sales strategy
5. Lead all internal planning and brainstorming discussions in response to RFPs
6. Compose concise, accurate and creative decks in response to RFPs
7. Activate and manage sponsorship programs across all platforms
8. Manage a team to develop and execute every tier of sponsorship, including high-level, multi-platform partnerships. Has the ability to jump in and support in the efforts when needed.
9. Partner with sales leadership on packaging strategy for large scale sponsorship offerings
10. Demonstrate flexible, solution oriented thinking that focuses on the overall department’s business objectives
11. Lead, manage and inspire members of the ad sales marketing team
12. Manage production budgets for costs related to your project work
13. Assist in managing monthly team production budget and reporting
14. Work effectively with team members throughout the network portfolio; leverage relationships across the company to accomplish goals
15. Create compelling and unique sponsorship and content marketing offerings aligned with network and digital priorities
16. Prioritize and manage multiple projects at any one time and with minimal direction
17. Work with internal stakeholders to create and manage production timelines
18. Manage client and media agency partners through activation phase
19. Develop, maintain and strengthen relationships with clients and their agencies, as well as with all key DCI divisions (Ad Sales, Network Programming, Production and Marketing).
20. Represent Discovery Ad Sales in external meetings with high-level clients
21. Accountable for the performance and results of a team or project team
22. Recruit, manage, and develop a high-performing team of coordinator, specialist and manager level positions
* Collaborative team player with strong stakeholder management skills
* Demonstrated self-starter and problem solver with leadership and project management skills, but the self-awareness necessary to understand when/where to ask for help and guidance
* Proven ability to think creatively and strategically while navigating difficult and complex issues in a large, highly matrixed, dynamic corporate setting.
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills (able to create and deliver presentations to senior management)
* Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities simultaneously in a changing environment
* Requires the ability to influence others to accept practices, approaches and recommendations
* Experience with problem solving for process issues
* Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail
* Experience developing go-to-market strategies and packaging
* A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of skills, training and/or experience required.
* 9 years of integrated marketing experience (such as advertising agency, media sales/marketing, client side marketing). Experience in TV/Cable and/or ad sales marketing or ad sales a plus.
* On-site experience managing branded entertainment or commercial shoots
* Experience working in digital/social marketing, including creating, packaging and executing multi-platform marketing campaigns.
* Prior management experience as the role provides leadership to project teams or 3rd party partners.
* Experience processing and responding to client RFPs.
* Candidate must possess maturity, professionalism and poise under pressure, and have proven experience interacting with top-level, business executives, as the position requires direct contact with senior Ad Sales management, key clients and talent, and is a brand representative in the marketplace.
* Travel throughout the year to attend shoots, client meetings and other necessary ad sales events
* Must have legal right to work in the US
New York City, NYC, New York, NY