Director, Creative Operations
Discovery CommunicationsWoodway, TX
Full Time Job
Magnolia Network is a collaboration between Chip and Joanna Gaines and Discovery, Inc. At Magnolia Network, we believe in telling life's stories authentically and empowering viewers to move past their comfort zones and try new things.
The Director of Creative Operations is responsible for all creative deliverables associated with 360 marketing campaigns. This includes overseeing the day-to-day scheduling of creative resources, for a team of designers, copywriters, and editors, leading core stakeholder timeline communication, managing budget and establishing overall project management workflow for all brand and series marketing assets for Magnolia Network - from inception to delivery.
• Manage incoming creative project requests and assign projects to producers, designers, freelance resources, production partners and creative agencies as needed. Managing the workloads.
• Create project workback schedule, managing project timelines from kick-off through delivery.
• Manage campaign budgets, which includes projecting yearly spends, negotiating scope of work, and manage the processing and payment of invoices.
• Onboard project management tools and implement process efficiencies.
• Communicate project updates, including progress and/or delays, with all internal and external shareholders. Proactively proposing solutions to meet deadlines and budget.
• Manage approval process and key milestones.
• Work collaboratively, and efficiently, with internal and external stakeholders.
• Oversee asset organization and archiving, team organizational structure – and the distribution of assets.
• Quality control all final creative deliverables.
• Onboard new vendors and freelancers, managing MSA's and NDA's.
• Help lead and support the project management team with their day-to-day responsibilities.
• Proficient in formats/specs needed for various creative deliverable, including – print, digital, social and AV.
• Support the Head of Brand Creative, the Associate Creative Director and Art Director with project support as needed.
• BS/BA in Communications or related experiences at a creative agency and/or entertainment studio/network.
• 7 years in creative project management and/or operations field.
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is an expert in prioritization.
• Exceptional time management and anticipatory skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Self-starter can work independently and collaboratively.
• Knowledge of post-production creative marketing assets, specs, and requirements.
• Experience with Project Management Software required.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Waco