Director- Corporate Research & Strategy
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director, Corporate Research and Strategy is responsible for analyzing data and trends across media and developing key audience analysis across Discovery’s linear and non-linear platforms. The position will support the VP of Corporate research as well as the brand and ad sales research teams to share insights and resources to help elevate the level of research excellence across the company.
1. Provide performance insights for internal networks, competitive networks and non-linear platforms to key Discovery leadership. Translate and communicate data to help management understand key performance drivers.
2. Develop creative approaches to uncover consumer insights and marketplace trends to inform
3. Field ad hoc research requests from key senior executives, delivering clear, concise insights in a timely manner.
4. Provide expertise on competitive trends and the changing television landscape.
5. Help to lead the company initiative toward standardized measurement metrics across all platforms.
6. Collaborate with network, sales, digital and DNI research to share insights, share resources and identify trends across teams.
7. Manage relationships with key research vendors.
8. Help elevate the company toward a higher standard of research excellence.
* 7 years of experience in media research, cable television preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of Nielsen data and systems; Lake 5 and Comscore a plus
* Solid research, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
* Ability to synthesize information and research data to ''tell a story'' with action-oriented implications
* Ability to work in a fast-paced high-pressure environment without sacrificing accuracy and attention to detail.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Strong interest in understanding consumer behavior
* Team player
* Must be able to present to executive leaders in various forums
* Must be able to work independently, yet take direction well when necessary
* Proficient with Excel and PowerPoint
* Minimum of a BS or BA degree required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
new york city, new york, nyc, ny