Director - Corporate Development
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Discovery’s Corporate Development group is primarily responsible for evaluating and executing strategic M&A transactions, partnerships and investments. The team also supports the development and execution of company-wide corporate strategy and assists business units/divisions in evaluating new business opportunities. The Discovery Corporate Development group is looking for a Director, Corporate Development.
• The Director will be primarily responsible for working with Corporate Development colleagues and Discovery’s senior leadership teams to identify, evaluate, and execute potential corporate transactions in support of the company’s mid-to-long range strategy.
• Play a key role in identifying, assessing, synthesizing, and preparing recommendations relating to the strategic and financial impact on Discovery and its affiliated entities from potential transactions.
• Assist in all aspects of transaction execution including project management, due diligence, valuation and documentation.
• Incorporate inputs from and work alongside commercial, legal, accounting, tax, and other teams while evaluating potential transactions.
• Apply creativity and judgement in producing and updating financial models, plans, valuations, impact analyses and sensitivities, based on a variety of assumptions.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
• The ideal candidate will have worked at an investment bank and will have gained experience within a corporate environment.
• Good understanding of the media and entertainment environment across both traditional and digital models
• Proven abilities to analyze, structure, and prepare discussion materials for a variety of potential deals - including acquisitions, combinations, joint ventures, minority investments, and other equity transactions, as well as large-scale new business investments and ventures.
• Possess a rigorous understanding of the media and communications industries and the global business and economic environment (If applying with a relevant industry background).
• Self-starter with proven experience synthesizing and concisely presenting complex qualitative and quantitative information to assist internal discussion, communication and decision making.
• Proven ability to research and model financial outcomes based on a variety of assumptions while incorporating all relevant market, industry, and company factors.
• Strong oral and written communications, and financial modelling skills.
• Strong financial acumen spanning corporate finance, accounting and economics.
• Demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, ownership, responsiveness and diplomacy in managing multiple assignments under tight deadlines and as part of a broader team.