Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Compensation team at Discovery is responsible for the design and management of Compensation Plans and programmes for nearly 10,000 employees in 35 countries. Our goal is to drive engagement and position Discovery as a destination employer by supporting the attraction and retention of Talent, through a competitive reward offering for employees.
The role will report to the Vice President of Compensation and have responsibility for covering Compensation management for Discovery’s Direct to Consumer businesses (DTC). The role will also form part of the Compensation leadership team, inputting to the strategy for DTC and taking responsibility for driving projects and initiatives as required.
• Drive total compensation strategy for DTC through providing expert compensation guidance and carrying out executive benchmarking and competitive analysis.
• Develop and review Compensation plans, policies and processes, making recommendations and managing the implementation of change and/or new initiatives.
• Assist with all DTC Executive offers, partnering with Recruiting and People & Culture (P&C) Business Partners to communicate offers effectively to candidates
• Drive P&C Partner self-sufficiency by effectively communicating Discovery’s Reward Philosophy and Compensation guidelines.
• Provide compensation support and advisement to JV partners
• Ensure the successful delivery of global compensation plans including recognition, bonus and sales incentive plans.
• Deliver workshops with P&C and the business leaders on current and future trends to help facilitate discussions related to the market and how it impacts our business model & resourcing strategy
• Develop a strong network with entertainment/media industry contacts providing insight into best practice to attract and retain talent.
• • Previous experience in a similar role within technology/digital organizations
• Experience and knowledge of the competitive trends occurring in tech/digital specifically within Discovery’s key markets (London/Seattle/LA /NYC/Etc)
• Demonstrated ability to be creative and solution oriented to deliver results
• Ability to work under pressure
• Experience interfacing with business client groups and external candidates
• Experience in creating compensation and rewards marketing tools to enhance offer negotiations and our ability to attract and retain top talent.
• Experience working within a global, fast-paced, matrix organization
• Ability to use various up-to-date, effective benchmarking methodologies, reporting tools, and HR systems
• Proven experience conducting in-depth data analysis to provide relevant competitive package for candidates and employees
• Highly commercial with the ability to align reward policies and practices to business objectives
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to design processes and operating practices that minimise risk and drive efficiency.
• Ability to build robust relationships with stakeholders with the ability to effectively influence others and manage conflict.
• Strong communication skills that engage.
• A global mindset that fosters creativity within the team.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States