Director, Commerce Operations
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 1/15/2020 12:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Sales Category
Search for Director, Commerce Operations jobs in New York-NY
Search all Director, Commerce Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Commerce Operations? Position Summary
Lead operation of Discovery Golf’s Commerce Ecosystem including sku setup and management, payment processing, entitlements, subscription management, regional pay methods, IAP and recurring billing processes.
Director, Commerce Operations will collaborate cross functionally with team members across all verticals including marketing, engineering, finance, business development, content, product, legal, qa, designers and customer service to optimize Discovery Golf’s ability to generate revenue and maintain a growing subscriber base.
Director, Commerce Operations will also be responsible for performing analysis on GOLFTV payments performance, including transactional data to support the optimization of acquisition rates and reduce customer churn. Role will also be the point person for live issue investigation as well as managing and resolving a backlog of day-to-day payment issues.
1. Lead the Discovery Golf ecommerce operation, executing against new commerce and subscription product launches, ensuring all aspects of commerce projects are executed and operated; assist in product development of new revenue-generating features aimed to satisfy or expand the user base.
2. Foster solid relationships with internal, cross-functional teams to support all aspects of the commerce ecosystem.
3. Develop and implement a new ecommerce Standard Operating Procedure to institute best practices, standardize support, workflows and execution of commerce features and pay methods.
4. Work with Customer Services and Quality Assurance to manage and resolve Payment Issues backlog with particular focus on critical payment issues that may arise post product-launch and beyond.
5. Own the day-to-day management of the payments ecosystem including Zuora, Adyen and 3rd party payment method consoles such as Google Play and Apple’s App Store.
6. Own the delivery of new payment methods and the launch of commerce features based on priorities set by Discovery Golf Executive team.
7. In conjunction with Marketing and Product teams, collaborate on Purchase Path optimizations, including ongoing improvement of purchase flows, seamlessly integrating commerce into Golf experiences, serving A/B versions and reporting on performance.
8. Primary commerce interface for partner implementations, managing technical execution of Discovery’s commerce tracks and ensuring successful delivery.
* 7 years experience in operational ecommerce with increasing responsibility over time; strong knowledge of, and expertise in ecommerce subscription ecosystems, including live sports or media OTT experience.
* Experience with payment and subscription platforms such as Zuora, Adyen, Google Play and Apple App Store.
* Experience with managing a wide range of SKUs and entitlements, customized by user type, location, preference, billing frequencies, recurring billings and gift purchases
* Effective communicator with high computer/word literacy. You are confident in contributing to senior-level stakeholder meetings, in particular for prioritization of roadmap, communication of project status or reporting on critical payment issues.
* Superior skills in project management, including the ability to simultaneously lead and support multiple initiatives, while operating subscription business.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
* Experience with payments platforms (e.g. Adyen, WorldPay, Stripe, etc).
* Knowledge and experience with global payments including mobile and IAP.
* Passionate about Sport and OTT Subscription Streaming services.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.