Digital Specialist - Factual
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Specialist of Multi-platform Editorial & Integrations is responsible for conceiving, managing, and publishing best-in-class digital and social content experiences for the Factual brands reporting to the Director of Multi-Platform Editorial & Integrations. He/she will support the Director in creating opportunities to increase awareness, intent to tune-in, and ratings of upcoming priority shows on Factual networks through marketing and communications activities. He/she will be expected to deliver high-levels of non-paid impressions and encourage sampling of branded content, create buzz around content that demonstrates the networks’ brand positioning and increase traffic to O&Os.
1. Support multiplatform strategy, planning, and execution for the network priorities.
2. Manage multiple and dynamic business needs across departments and divisions (ex. Sales and network ops).
3. Support the Director in the development of digital/social concepts for Factual-centric RFPs.
4. Develop interactive experiences, sometimes working with outside vendors, to supplement network programming.
5. Monitor commentary and drive discussions re: Factual businesses, brand, TV promotables, and online priorities across platforms.
6. Manage & contribute to the creation and hosting of O&O content.
7. Leverage social audiences to drive traffic to the O&O and increase impressions across platforms.
8. Stay constantly abreast of changes in digital media outreach, the latest platform pitfalls, and opportunities.
* Bachelors degree in New Media, Communications, Marketing, or related field
* 3-5 years digital experience
* Working knowledge of website content management systems and analytic platforms i.e. Google Analytics
* Proven viral outreach and social network marketing skills and knowledge
* Demonstrated presentation and prioritization skills
* A keen strategic leaning but also possess a creative flare
* Ability to multi-task while prioritizing workloads
* Ability to manage and collaborate across departments
* Self-starter but collaborates well in a team environment
* Attention to detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
New York City, New York, NYC, NY