Digital Platform Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Platform Manager you will play a key role in the evolution and success of the digital business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team. With your creative and detail oriented skills you will gain an in-depth understanding of the digital audience, platforms and products that help drive the success of the business.
The Platform manager will be responsible for tactical day-to-day partner management, working with internal teams; Product, Marketing, Programming, and Distribution. Additionally, this position is responsible for keeping in lockstep with platform partners, develop and maintain strong relationships within our platform partner organizations and ensure Discovery’s products are well represented. Support for content promotion, strategic marketing opportunities, and new feature and product launches. Establish and maintain strong, consultative relationships with key clients functioning as a main point of contact.
This role can sit in either New York City, New York or Knoxville, Tennessee.
Client Management: Establish and maintain strong, consultative relationships through in-person engagement with all assigned clients
1. Support VP with senior-level relationships
2. Own relationships with day-to-day, operational contacts in functional areas such as product management, marketing, public relations/communications
3. Develop and deliver sales presentations, maintaining a consistent flow of information to key accounts regarding DCI networks’ content and performance
Strategic Expertise: Develop deep expertise of strategic dynamics at both the industry and the account levels
1. Track industry trends/analysis, assess implications for DCI and recommend strategic solutions
2. Compile and maintain up-to-date information on critical account characteristics – management/structure, products, packaging, pricing, competitive network product availability, transactions, platform growth, etc.
3. Communicate industry and account activity back to DCI, meaningfully contributing to the development of company goals and strategy
Project Management: Support development and implementation of account-specific strategic initiatives (e.g. new distribution, promotion, partnership marketing, new product rollouts, etc.), working closely with DCI corporate to maximize value to both DCI and our platform partners, all the while supporting DCI’s competitive leadership
Partner Marketing: Establish and maintain effective relationships with assigned clients; have a thorough knowledge of each platform partners’ priorities and challenges in order to understand how best to leverage DCI assets
1. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the marketing strategies for affiliate products and services
2. Develop and sell-in strategic marketing partnerships that drive value for both assigned partners and for DCI networks
3. Work with the Marketing Manager and Partner Marketing team to ensure flawless implementation of marketing efforts and any critical client/consumer communications
Distribution: Develop and deliver on account-specific distribution goals where relevant (e.g. app and feature launches and rebrands, new product rollouts, etc.)
1. Provide strategic thinking, creative ideas and account insight to help bolster DCI’s position in renewal negotiations
2. Support the development of creative, account-specific renewal strategies that showcase DCI’s brand strength and value, working closely with internal partners to ensure effective implementation
* 4-year degree required
* 5 years of experience in marketing, sales, and/or account management with 2 years in a client facing role
* Experience in working with Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple preferred
* Ability to think strategically, assess opportunities, and provide creative solutions to complex problems while remaining flexible and adaptable
* Must be an innovative thinker and have excellent communication (internal/external and written/verbal) and presentation skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment and manage at all levels of a matrix organization
* Candidate should be a strong leader with core competencies in project management, attention to detail, managing diverse workload under tight deadlines
* High-level of initiative with the ability to self-direct workflow
* Must be willing to travel
* Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.